My inspiring, former teacher friend, Erin and I were talking about ideas for things I could do with Hunter after his quiet time. I want to work with him and teach him, but I find that I have been extremely worn out lately. I don't know if it is the fact that the temp has been so frigid, or the fact that Callie has been waking me up in the night since she is teething.(A side note: last night at 2 am I got her to go back to sleep WITHOUT nursing her!!! THIS IS HUGE! I might end up not having to nurse her till she's four after all.) Anyway, Erin told me about this blog "The Crafty Crow" and it is AWESOME! She has craft ideas daily for kids just my age. I am really excited to try some of the crafts I've seen on there. So this morning the boys and I made chocolate play dough as featured on the site. It smells heavenly. Hunter just sat smelling it for awhile. They made chocolate men, popsicles, cookies and other sorts of pretend treats.
Tate blowing out his candles on his birthday cake
They had both had a later breakfast, so I knew lunch would be hard to get into them, so we made some delicious chocolate chip peanut butter cookies and had them. I want to try this idea featured of crafty crow with Hunter after his quiet time today.
The day did not start out so great for me today. I had to be at the chiropractor's office at 8:30 for my ultrasound treatment and I left the car running while I was there(which everyone does here). I locked it b/c I'm not trusting, and then I went to the grocery store to pick up some sale items and locked the door and left it running again. Except as I was going inside I felt in my pocket that I did not have the other set of keys, I had forgotten to put them in my pocket after unlocking it at the chiro. So...called Brent on my cell phone(thanks AGAIN Laci) and he called the car guys who came and thirty five dollars later unlocked my door. It is in the teens below zero here, and I got so very cold standing outside, not to mention the poor guy who had to bail me out. I was SO frustrated with myself. I work so hard at saving us money and Brent works so hard at making us money that spending $35 on my mistake was very hard for me to forgive myself for. Luckily I was where I was, had my cell phone and did NOT have the kids...that would have been horrible! Brent was very understanding and sweet when I came back from the store bawling my eyes out. I have a rough time in the winter and has been hard for me to function in this cold. I really hope for a warm up soon, but I am really thankful for my sweet husband and my great friends who care and are willing to give me things to look forward to and ideas to make life easier!
1 comment:
mmm, chocolate scented playdough and cookies for lunch? Sounds like a great day to me!
Sorry about the lock out, though. If it makes you feel any better...I left the keys in the back door of the Rav for a full 24 hours last month. $35 would be nothing compared to losing a whole car :)
Post a Comment