Sunday, January 4, 2009

Fun with Felt

This weekend was fun b/c my parents were up! We had a relaxing, yet productive time together. Mom helped me make Callie some curtains to complete her room(actually its not yet complete, we still have a few things to do):


We went to Joann yesterday and I got some felt and am having a lot of fun with it. I made a snowman and Lighting McQueen out of it for the kids to play with, and I found on a blog an idea to make a pizza set and the kids had fun playing with them this morning before church.


I also was looking through a Pottery Barn catalog and found this here and decided to make one myself to hang on our fireplace in the fall. It is a time consuming job, but I've got a while to make it, and I'm really excited for how it'll turn out. I found the leaf patterns on a kid's website of fall coloring pages. I think it'll cost me about $6 to make. Here is a picture of the few leaves I've gotten stitched: This is the most crafting I've done since having kids I think!

Mom and dad brought a cute dinosaur costume for the boys(among other things... fattening Dutch letters and glazed doughnuts from Jaarsma) and Tate wore it a lot over the weekend:


I'm going to go nurse Callie...I'm seeing the end of nursing in sight, so READY to be done and have my body back to myself!!!!!

3 comments:

Laci said...

I'm so happy you are having fun crafting, Sarah! The leaves are cute and the curtains look great!

Tate in the dinosaur makes me laugh, too.

Nette said...

RAr! (i'm a dinosaur)

So, Callie's room looks girlie enough to last her for years. It is so much fun to look at!

And I am impressed with your crafting as well. My machine is sitting out, waiting...

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Hi Sarah,

Thanks so much for the link to Frugal Family Fun Blog! I can't tell you how happy I was to see your little ones enjoying those felt pizza sets, and including a rolling pin is a brilliant idea. Yesterday, I made some ravioli out of felt too... very easy! So glad I found your blog, and best of luck for the new year.

Valerie