Friday, January 23, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Brent is on the phone as I write this setting up the first of our bids for our house stuff. SO EXCITING!!!!!!!! Hopefully we'll be starting it all off by the beginning of March. Hopefully. This whole process has truly been a blessing to us. Brent and I were just talking about how awesome this is and what a huge blessing it is for us this morning. We're going to try to be as good of stewards with our resources as we can. We're thinking of putting a second bathroom in, also. It will probably be relatively inexpensive b/c of my husband's awesome skills. It would be SO NICE to have an extra bathroom, especially when my family comes for a visit. I still can't believe we'll be getting this remodeling done, but I'm excited!

My friend called me to see if I needed anything from town the other day, and I mentioned the mail box idea I'd seen and she picked herself up a couple for her two kids and she came over today and we made them. They were a little more complicated than I was expecting, but I think they turned out nicely!


Callie enjoyed my friend's baby.



She also poked him in the eye.

And here is my family room.
It looks like a toy store threw up in there. I'm going to ignore it a little bit longer and try and watch Lost with Brent when he gets off the phone.

We've got a busy weekend ahead. Brent is working tomorrow morning, then we've got a wedding(yay, Alaina!) and then we are becoming members of our church on Sunday night. The next week will also be a doozy I'm sure, having our normal Monday and Tuesday ECFE classes and then me having my surgery next Thursday. Tonight we are probably heading to hang out with Brent's cousin and his kids at a resort he's staying at. Not really wanting to put on a bathing suit right now, but when does one ever want to put one on after having three kids???

4 comments:

Tonya Staab said...

The mailboxes look great. Well done. I love it when I find people who have run with an idea I've had so thank you.

felicitouschick said...

Okay, so I've got the things to do the mailboxes too. What tips do you have, since they were a bit complicated? I'm so excited! I got one for myself and one for Ben too, because we all need a little encouragement sometimes!

Kristi said...

Nice job on the mailboxes! For about 5 seconds I thought, "I want to do that" until I remembered all the other projects I have that must take priority.

Nikki said...

Your mailboxes turned out cute. Were you able to get me three? I'm excited to try it...I might need your help.