Friday, January 25, 2008
Well thats over.
Shots are over for now. It was a long day and I'm tired. I'm sure glad I got everything ready the night before b/c it went pretty smooth this morning. We had to wait a total of an hour in the doctor's office, and the kids were definitely antsy, but I was really blessed b/c I think it could have gone worse. I have good kids. I got some raisins that are in little Cars movie boxes, so the boys ate those while waiting and Hunter looked at all the books in the office. While we were waiting for the doctor to come in Hunter got up on the stool and said he was the doctor. He made me call him Dr Hunter and he checked Tate out himself. He felt his back and his chest, then looked in his ears and had him stick out his tongue. I asked if he was healthy or sick and he said sick, and I asked if he had a fever and Hunter said after feeling his head, "He's hot and cold." It was pretty cute. The doctor came in and told me that Tate looks really good, and is developing right on schedule. He was only in the 25% for height and weight, which is weird b/c I consider him to be really tall for his age. Then came the ugly shot part. I had to hold down his arms, which can I say is the worst thing ever, while they gave him the shots. He cried quite a bit, but was brave. After they were done I was putting his pants on him and I noticed Hunter in the corner watching me and kind of crying. I asked him if he was sad for Tate and he shook his head yes. He is so caring and sensitive. As soon as we got in the van he got Tate's blanket and gave it to him. He told Tate again right before the shots that he would protect him. Tate of course has had a runny nose ever since and feels warm. We gave him some Tylenol before an early bedtime and hopefully he sleeps well. He woke up at 1 last night crying, so I had to go and get him back to sleep. I haven't done that in awhile. He's also having nasty poops from the shots. I changed 2 and Brent changed 1 tonight. Hunter wanted to see the one and as he saw it he said, "Holy ketchup!" I'm not sure where he got that from! I finished my mom book and got Harry Potter from the library today, so you can guess what I'll be doing next. Well, probably for about 5 mins, I am wiped out. Oh, and Hunter pooped on the potty again today!! He's been trying really hard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment