Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, this will probably be a bunch of this and that, its been awhile since I've blogged, that due to the busyness of the holidays. I cannot believe it is already 2008!! The years go by faster and faster for me. My New Years resolution is to not get pregnant this year. Its attainable I hope:) (Especially since I'll be calling the doctor for an appointment for Brent tomorrow!) I have no other resolutions, but I do have a few goals I'd like to meet before I have the baby. I would like to 1)finish the Harry Potter series, I am on book 5. And, 2) I'd like to get all my pictures scrap booked and caught up so that I can start fresh with the new baby. I would also like to go through all the stuff in the basement, but I think I'm being too ambitious there.

Now that the holidays are over and there is nothing exciting on the horizon anytime soon I feel like the baby being born is coming sooner. I was just looking forward to Christmas, but now that its over the next big thing is the baby, which is actually not that long from now. I will be 30 weeks tomorrow. I'm tired of being pregnant only b/c I want to be slim like my husband. He has been working really hard and I'm proud of him, but he better not get to weighing less than me. I have been thinking all along that this baby seems calmer than the other two movement wise, but I take that back now. This child moves like a spaz!!! This morning I was laying in bed and the baby was actually making my whole body move it was kicking so hard! This one can punch my bladder and kick my ribs all at the same time. I don't have much experience with rib-kicking b/c the boys were so low, but I've got to say, its very uncomfortable. Especially when sitting in a car for 8 hours straight. My friend Mariah had a girl in April of 2006 and she let me look through all her clothes last night, so I feel pretty set for clothes for the first couple months at least. I'm thankful for that.

We got back at 6 tonight from Iowa. It was really really fun. I am actually homesick. Sometimes its alright to come back, and other times its hard, and this is a hard time. I worked off my homesickness by picking up the house tonight. I took down the Christmas tree and all the Christmas decorations. I put away all the clothes we didn't wear and all the new toys and all the other stuff we brought back with us. Then I did 2 loads of laundry. It is much easier for me to wake up to a picked up house than to just leave it till morning. Brent is cleaning Schaefers anyway right now, so I've been home alone.

The kids did really well in Iowa. We didn't do too much, so that was nice. We had my aunt and uncle down on Friday night, and some friends on Saturday night. Then last night we went to the school gym and played awhile(which was great for the boys, and my friends mom made authentic Dutch letters for which I crave all the time, so I ate them all mostly) and then had Nette and Nick over to watch the ball drop. They had to wake me up, I was really tired and was in and out of consciousness. I'm pretty pathetic.

The ride home was VERY LONG. Tate just doesn't like to travel. I'm not sure what to do about that. Even food lost its excitement for him on the way home. Hunter is the best traveler ever, he is content to look out the window at tractors and the scenery. We did play a couple videos in our portable DVD player(which I am beginning to think is the best invention ever!) I'm sure that Tate will get to be a better traveler as he gets older. Meanwhile I have a crick in my neck from being constantly turned around the way back.

Some funny Hunter sayings I can remember:
-to Brent as we were pulling into Pine River: "Daddy, thank you so much for driving us!"
-to Brent as he started drinking an energy drink: "What kind of drink is that?" Brent said, "Its a vitamin drink." Hunter replies, "Oh, I've never heard of THAT before. Is it fuzzy?" (Fuzzy is what he says about carbonated beverages. I think he means fizzy.)
-to me, "Mom your stomachs getting bigger and bigger!"

I know there was a lot more, I am just too tired to remember them I guess...

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I got a kick out of your New Year's resolution. I also enjoyed Hunter's thoughtfulness...thanking Brent for driving! Very cute.