I have found that I have little to no free time anymore. With Hunter not taking naps I only have about 40 mins of free time for the day, and I certainly don't want to spend it blogging, I want to rest! The no nap thing is going alright. A couple days ago I was ready to start naps again, b/c Hunter was SO crabby by about 6. He would just scream and yell about everything. Even Brent noticed. Brent has been super great. He told me the other night to shut myself upstairs for a half hour and do whatever I wanted, and he's been really good about that kind of stuff. The last couple days, though, Hunter has been better. We had youth group last night, and some friends over tonight, so maybe that had something to do with him being happier.
The other night the boys(Brent included) got out my finger nail polish and proceeded to "touch up" some of Hunter's tractors that were chipped. I found that amusing.
I have a SERIOUS case of nesting going on. I realize its a bit early for that, but I can't help it! I totally tore up the basement on Monday. I went through all of the clothes stored for Tate and labeled and organized them into seasonal totes. I also cleaned up a lot of our stuff and got the bassinet and car seat out where it would be more accessible. The other night Hunter was downstairs with me and I showed him the bassinet and said the baby would sleep in that and he said, "She's going to sleep in the basement!" He was surprised, but I said no. I let my friend go through some of Tate's outgrown clothes today and that felt good. I have been SO blessed with my friends letting me borrow or giving me girl clothes. I have two or three garbage bags full of girl clothes and one and a half big totes crammed full. And I was worried I wouldn't have any clothes! Now I am just hoping it IS indeed a girl, or we will have one very confused boy:) I nested some more yesterday when I cleaned the whole house top to bottom. And then I let Hunter play with beans on a cookie sheet at the table, and you would have never known I'd touched a vacuum to the floor! He had fun, though, pushing his tractors through the beans.
I had an eye appointment on Tuesday and am so happy to be getting some new glasses soon. My eyes got worse by two steps in one eye and by one step in another. I am seriously going to be blind by the age of 40!
Tate has been really really clingy still. Brent has been around while I've been fixing supper thankfully, or else supper would never get made, b/c Tate stands at the cabinets pushing against my legs begging and whining for me to pick him up. He is so cute I can hardly refuse, but it does make supper a longer procedure. The other night after supper Brent and I were cleaning up the kitchen and I looked around the corner and found Tate in this position:
It was so cute! He was just laying there reading a book nicely.
I looked up some craft ideas that Hunter and I could do now that he is not taking naps, and I found an idea for making a whale bath pour toy out of a milk jug, so we made that yesterday. He decided he liked wearing it as a crown instead and insisted I call him king:
Another silly boy!
Here are some funny Hunter sayings for the week:
He was really crabby the other day and I was tickling his neck a little to get him in a better mood and he said to me, "Mom, I don't want you and I don't want your fingers. I don't like that kind of thing."
Tate was pushing on my stomach the other day, and I made a groaning noise and Hunter called out rather panicky: "Tate, get off her tummy or you'll make Callie go up to her throat!"
Brent noticed last night that the boys were sitting at their Cars table looking up at the light and talking to each other so he stood at the door a minute and heard Hunter telling Tate, "...and then they smell like roses." Brent asked him what he was talking about and he said, "I'm just talking about the lights with Tate." (?)
Last night I took Hunter to the library with me and then we went to see Gma Debbie at work and our old fish, and he was SO happy to see the fish! He told me when we got in the van, "Mom, I love that fish very much! I wish I could give that fish a fish kiss!"
And this morning I had just gotten up and was in the bathroom when Hunter came in and sniffed the air. He said, "Did somebody poop?" I said no, and then he said to me, "Mom, you have AWFUL, stinky breath! Brush your teeth!" He had to go potty so I put him on the toilet and he looked at me and said, "Well. Your toothbrush is over there, get it!" As I was brushing them he said, "There you go, is your stinky breath gone now, Mom?" (His breath didn't smell like a bed of roses either, just so you know)
I hope this video works, it is of Hunter at youth group at the drum set. One of the kids taped him on his cell phone and added a drum beat to it. We think its hilarious and Hunter really thinks its him!
3 comments:
I guess I'd better make that last payment on Hunter's drum set! That boy's got big talent! Is the guest room going to be the future band room or will he be using the garage? He can be in a band just like TJ's or maybe one that starts practice before 11pm.
I'm so glad that you explained why the boys had your fingernail polish out. I was a bit worried. hehe I just loved the pictures, those boys are so cute. It was fun having you stop by the Memory House the other day, that would be fun to watch him give the fish a "fish kiss". Bring the boys anytime, the residents just love seeing kids!! If your mom needs help with that last payment on the drum set, let me know. We would love to help!! :)
Love, Gramma Debbie
What a great piece of editing! I was rolling on the floor! :D
Post a Comment