Today was the first day back on our old schedule. We have actually been without our normal routine for about 2 weeks or so, since we have had family around off but mostly on since the middle of December. I actually didn't mind being busy and out of the routine of things. Normally I get tired of it and want to be back to normal, but it was nice having everyone around and being in Iowa. I think the kids are ready to be back in their routine. They were pretty excited when we got home last night. Hunter was up long before 7 this morning playing with his toys. Also, tonight at the Lifecenter he saw his friends, and I could tell he had missed seeing them. He actually told Isaiah that he loved him, so it is nice that they can be back in their routine and around their friends again. They have really been fighting alot today, though, over all the new toys. I think they've been a bit spoiled, but that's OK.
Hunter and I had our WIC checkups this morning. They usually do them every three months for me and maybe 6 months for the boys. They weigh and measure the boys and ask about any concerns we have and that kind of thing. Hunter has grown 1 1/2 inches since September!!! He is in the 91% for height and the 56% for weight. That is his highest percentiles to date. I can tell that he's been growing. He is getting SO heavy to lift and looks more preschool like than toddler like. I've gained 19 lbs so far in the pregnancy. I got a prescription for a nice breast pump and am going to be working with a lactation consultant to see if they can help me to pump. I am skeptical but hopeful.
After the WIC appointment we went to Jerry's, and Hunter raced his Lightning McQueen all over the store. When we got to the checkout he told the lady that when he grew up he was going to be a race car. Not a race car driver, but an actual race car. He sure likes Cars. After that we went home and the kids got into everything. Its a good thing I cleaned up last night, b/c I for sure wouldn't have gotten anything done today. Tate cut open his bottom lip(again!) and it was bleeding all over the floor. Lip injuries really tend to bleed tons! After lunch Hunter and I decided to make some pumpkin bread. I had all the ingredients out and was showing them to Hunter, and Tate got up on the chair with Hunter and made quite the mess. I know the kids enjoy baking with me, but it is stressful! Tate got the baking soda and dumped it all over the floor and counter, then he kept sticking his hands in the shortening. Hunter did a really good job dumping everything in. He likes to be involved in every process, he even holds the mixer while I mix.
Tonight at youth group Hunter sat on the drums, and was doing pretty good. I would actually be excited if one of my kids wants to play the drums, I think drums are really cool and would like to play them myself, so I plan on living vicariously through the kids:)
I made "the appointment" for Brent today. At least the first of two. I called to schedule it, and the receptionist actually asked me if he knew I was making this appointment! I said of course! I would think Brent would catch on pretty quick to the whole thing when we went in if I was trying to hide it from him. I thought that was amusing.
As I was getting Tate ready for bed tonight I noticed that he is getting 4 teeth in right now!!! Three of them are molars, too. He's been pretty good for having that many teeth coming through. I just hope this means the drooling will stop soon. He's been saying more and more words. Just today he's said sock, juice, yes, and night night. Also, while I was changing him before youth, I asked him where his eyes, ears, hair, lips, nose, feet and belly button were and he got them all right. Then he started clapping for himself. I just love it that he's becoming more aware and communicative. Well, I'm off to read Harry Potter.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Sarah!
Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog, otherwise I wouldn't have found your blog. I am thoroughly enjoying it and am getting a lot of laughs at your expense :) It is also comforting to connect with you on similar mommy experiences - meeting a full-time mom here is very rare, I think I've been missing the companionship without knowing it. Congrats on your pregnancy and having a girl - it is sooooo much fun.
Cherry
PS: Could you send me your email address?
Post a Comment