I am feeling a little better from my gallbladder troubles. It was a rough couple of days. I feel like my doctor doesn't realize how bad it is. On the Internet research I've done it says that gallbladder attacks usually last 1-4 hours. I WISH my attacks would last 4 hours. That would be tons better than two days! I still feel weak but hope to feel back to normal soon.
Hunter has been getting up super early lately. The other day he was up before 6, and the other days this week have been from 6-6:30. I am really having a hard time getting up that early. I know lots of people get up way earlier than that, but by about 10:30 I am dragging. (I feel its just being pregnant that makes me more tired, I (perhaps unrealistically) think that when I'm done being pregnant my energy levels will skyrocket. They might not, but at least I can caffinate myself then!) I have napped the last two days while the boys took their naps. We have been waking Hunter up from his naps in hopes that he would sleep later, but it doesn't really seem to work. Today he is with Brent and Ben in Brainerd picking up some cleaning supplies, so hopefully he won't sleep at all and we'll see if that makes a difference. I would cry if he can't take naps anymore. But on the other hand its not the end of the world, either. He does a great job of entertaining himself, and I plan on still having some quiet time for him so I can get a few minutes break. It seems like this waking up early thing has started since he got his Christmas presents. Its like he just can't wait to get up and play with them.
I feel like I can't get anything done around the house anymore. Today I just sat and played with the kids all morning b/c I knew nothing would get done. Its hard to find a balance between interacting with the kids and getting my housework done. Tate has been really clingy lately, and has been following me around everywhere either undoing the work I've been doing, or standing with his hands up wanting me to hold him. I'm not sure why he's so clingy, maybe more teeth?
Speaking of Tate, it is becoming quite clear that he and Hunter are COMPLETELY different! People always say that your kids will be the total opposites of each other, and I am finding that to be very true. The discipline methods I used with Hunter don't work at all on Tate. I have to be on top of my discipline game with Tate at ALL times. I can't let him get away with anything, or he gets into everything. He is very stubborn and sly. He is so not what I expected him to be. I thought that since I'd be home with him he would be shy, clingy and quiet. He is so not those things!(maybe clingy just right now) I absolutely LOVE his personality(both of the boys) but it surprises me. He is so outgoing and friendly. He smiles all the time and I can tell he cares about how others are feeling and he is a TOTAL ladies man, such a flirt! BUT, he is 150% ornery all the time! I have never seen anyone(and I used to work at a daycare) get into things as slyly and quickly as Tate. He is a handful, but I really enjoy him. Hunter is good with people, too, and outgoing. He really likes doing things with his friends and Brent and I, and I am noticing he is wanting to be more independent. This week he started dressing himself. I'm sure he could have started dressing himself ages before this, but I always did it for him. He is so proud of himself when he gets dressed, its really cute. I need to start giving him some age appropriate chores b/c I know he really likes feeling like he's helping and contributing something. This morning we made some blueberry muffins together for breakfast. He really really really likes to cook! Also, we took off his booster seat on his chair this week b/c he wants to sit in a "big boy" chair now.
Brent said the other night that Tate took a dirty diaper(without being told) and put it in the garbage. I'm so happy that he's getting more aware and helpful. Just in time for the baby! He says baby now, and has been saying more things lately. Well, I'm sure this is getting long. Hunter's been cracking me up lately, but I will have to start writing the stuff he says down first, b/c I am forgetting them. Here's something funny he said the other day: I thought I should get him used to the idea that I'll be nursing the baby and what that means, so when he asked me what the baby would eat at lunch the other day, I said that the baby would be eating from my chest. He looked at me with the blankest look and said in the most funny tone, "What?!" I have been laughing about that all week, his tone and expression were so funny! He also said something cute the other day while we were looking at some new pictures I'd had developed of the boys, when we came to one of him he said, "Oh, who's that cutie pie?"
1 comment:
I'm pretty sure he's seen me nursing Nehemiah, so maybe if you reminded him that the new baby will eat the same way that "Baby Miah" does, he'll remember. That is too cute! I love your guys! I am sure that Nehemiah and Tate will be grinning at each other all night Sunday!
Post a Comment