Today and yesterday the weather has been VERY nice. I hate January and February, and crave spring and summer about now, so its good to have a few nice days. The boys and I were able to go outside this morning for about an hour(it took as long to get them ready, also) Hunter loves the snow so much more than last year at this time. I remember taking him out last year, and he just hated it. This year he loves it. I got out his backhoe loader and dump truck and he enjoyed scooping up the snow and loading it into his truck. He called the snow piles mountains and like climbing up them. Tate on the other hand, doesn't enjoy it. Well, I think he WOULD enjoy it if his boots and snow pants fit him. He likes the outside part, but not the walking around part. He liked to eat the snow. I got out the wagon and pulled him up and down the driveway and he liked that. The neighbors two (huge) dogs were barking at us a lot, but the kids kind of liked it. I will admit I was a little scared that they would jump their fence and come after us, b/c they are so big! As I was walking Tate down the driveway once Hunter called after me, "Mom, come back here, you will get killed by those dogs!" So maybe he's not so fond of them as well. Our hour in the snow ended with Hunter taking Tate's face and pushing it into the snow. Boys.
Hunter was up at 6:15 this morning(or at least that's when I heard him) He has been getting up earlier and earlier. I have a hard time with it, b/c the earlier I wake up the higher the chance I'll have morning sickness. He had woken Tate up, but I went down, turned the light off in their room and told Hunter not to bother him and Tate went back to sleep until a little after 7:30. I tried to go back to sleep until at least 7 myself, but I wound up laying there awake wondering what Hunter would be getting into, so I got up. I was pretty grouchy.
I had planned on getting back into my normal cleaning routine today, but I could tell early on that wouldn't work out too well. So instead I cleaned what I could and then had fun with the kids. Hunter has been wanting to paint, so I got out the paints for him and a water paint sheet for Tate. Their masterpieces are now hanging on the fridge. Then they had a bath and played with every toy they owned again. They have been not so good in the putting the toys away department, so I think I'll have to have them practice it a lot until they get better again.
I am pages away from being done with Harry Potter book number 5. It has been my least favorite by far. I get sucked in too easily to the characters. But...I will start book 6 really soon. Got to get them read before the baby!
Speaking of the baby, I'm pretty sure she's trying to kick her way out. I can't believe how strong she kicks. She doesn't spaz around like Hunter did, she doesn't roll like Tate did, she just kicks like a karate expert. I'm getting quite uncomfortable, which is unfortunate seeing as I have 9 weeks left. Oh well, I just need to keep thinking how much easier they are to take care of inside. I go for my appointment on Wednesday. Here is a picture of Brent and the boys that I took tonight. They were laid all cutely on top of each other and I had the camera ready to take the picture when Tate bit Hunter and then it went downhill, so this is the best I got.
1 comment:
I love this post, Sarah! Those dogs are barking with envy and excitement at watching you get to play in the snow, I'm sure. "Let us out!"
I bite Nick sometimes too and our nights go downhill as well. It's just that his arms are so juicy!
Post a Comment