Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where to begin?

Well, I haven't been able to get away much to blog this week. The kids have either not been napping at all or napping in such a way that I never have a moment to myself. This week is another of those weeks which I do not enjoy. Brent has been working LONG hours, nights and days. I feel like we haven't seen much of each other at all, and that makes for a long week. Also making this week long is my lovely daughter, who is as I type crying in the monitor. She has woken up crying THREE times in the last 40 mins since I put her to bed. She only took one hour long nap today and that is ALL the sleep she's had all day. Also, she was up numerous times in the night crying and this means that I was up numerous times in the night. I don't know why this is. I'm assuming its teething since she popped ANOTHER two teeth this past weekend while we were in Iowa. I'm SO ready for the teething phase to be done with. She has eight teeth now, so we have to be getting close to being done. I wish there was something I could do to help her.

As I went down to comfort her I heard the boys talking in their room(after I tucked them in) and so I put my ear to the door and I heard Hunter tell Tate, "I don't have the energy to talk anymore. Goodnight." So cute! They have been interacting nicely lately. This morning Hunter told Tate that he loved him "five hundred" which I take to mean a lot. Then they hugged it out, it was very cute.

I think this will be a long post.

We had a great time in Iowa. It was so much fun getting away and seeing my fam. The weather was gorgeous, so we had fun being outdoors. Dad took me on a couple motorcycle rides, which I find to be very fun. It was fun to ride, but also fun to go through neighborhoods that I haven't been in for several years. We saw my gma and Laci came down for a day. I got to eat some Jaarsma and Breadiux Pizza, so that was grand. On Saturday mom found some of my old dresses she had made me when I was a baby, so we tried them on Callie. It was fun seeing her in them(although she doesn't really look like me....all the kids take more after Brent I think...not that I'm saying Brent looks like a girl) Here are some pictures of that:


Brent worked his hieny off on the van while we were gone. He took the whole front end apart and replaced the expensive parts that needed fixing. He is such a hard working man and very handy to have around! I'm sure he could have found more fun ways to spend his free time, but I really appreciated him doing that.

I've been feeling really tired lately. I think tiredness is the root of a lot of my emotions. I will probably feel tired for the next couple years at least, but for some reason this week I really figured out what my problem is. I would feel like I've died and gone to heaven if I were able to sleep ALL night long without being woken up and able to sleep in as late as I want. Next year that is what I want for my birthday. Sleep. All day.

Hunter came home from his Kid's Together class with a picture. An actual picture of something that he drew. Now I'm sure a lot of kids his age have been coloring pictures of things for awhile now, but Hunter has NEVER been into coloring. He'd much rather play with his trucks and tractors or play a game with me. But I think seeing other kids coloring has made him more interested. I actually thought maybe another kid drew it on his paper for him, so yesterday I had him draw me a picture like the one he brought home. He did and here it is, his first ever picture! I think it is adorable.


I did a little photo session today with Callie when she woke up and was being smiley, so here are some (more) pictures of her:




We have my parents coming the next two weekends! This weekend they are coming up and bringing my sister with, and she is staying for the whole week while Alex is gone! They'll be back to pick her up the next weekend. I always LOVE having her here, so I know I will enjoy next week.

4 comments:

felicitouschick said...

Ooo! I LOVE your Callie photos! They look so professional, Sarah--great job!

breanna said...

what a doll baby!!! cool that laci gets to come see ya! tell her to blog while she's there! i think her stats are through the roof from me checkin for updates! ; ) i think i'm a baby addict.

Britt said...

Those pictures were too cute! And the conversations between Hunter and Tate always make me smile.

Of course I remember you driving like the english do .. and that one time, when you forgot to turn the headlights on and drove through the grass by Arby's in Ottumwa .. and your all, "wow this road is really bumpy .. oh, that's cause it's grass." and I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard .. good times :o)

breanna said...

oh britt! i remember that!!!! i think of that every single time i drive through that parking lot!!