Friday, October 17, 2008

Sarah and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very bad day!

It should have been a great, relaxing day. Today I decided to do something I very rarely do. I thought it would be fun to take the kids to town and get pumpkins and do a little shopping research that I've been wanting to do for ages. I've wanted to go to three different grocery stores and price compare to see if I'm getting the best deal on things or not. I'm all about saving money(to pay for car repairs, read on...). Anyway, I thought today would be good....we've been home all week except for MAC yesterday and story time on Tuesday. The laundry is caught up and supper isn't too hard tonight(thank goodness). So, we left at 10:30. I had planned on going to the first grocery store, then to the next, then to McDonalds for lunch for the kids and then to the last store. We got to town about 11:00 or so and we got one of those fun car carts, so the boys were happy and Callie was happy. We left the grocery store about 11:40 and as I was leaving the parking lot I noticed the van was shaking pretty bad. It didn't stop as I accelerated so I made the decision to just head back home and not go anywhere else. That went over GREAT with the kids!! I got to the outskirts of the big town and the lights all came on in the van so I pulled off the highway, thankfully, just as it died. So, I call Brent but can't get ahold of him. I proceed to try for quite a while to get ahold of various people. I called six different people before I finally got ahold of someone who could get me the number of Brent's uncle who could give me his cousin's number who was with him. They were just finishing up a job about 15 mins from where I was so I waited about 25 mins for them(with two boys asking a LOT of questions....really fun!) Brent and Ben came and tampered with the van for awhile, decided we'd try to drive it home little by little. It took THREE AND A HALF HOURS to get home. That is a long time, especially when you have to listen to two boys asking question after question after question. Boy was it not fun. I have never been so happy to see my house. We had to stop SO many times to let the van cool off. Brent thinks it is either this very inexpensive problem or this very bad, very expensive problem. I'm hoping for the inexpensive problem. I can't handle any more car problems, and I know Brent is weary of them as well. It was not fun. The boys didn't take naps, so early to bed for them!

I'm going to go take whatever headache medicine is allowed nursing moms and hope this day is over soon.

4 comments:

Britt said...

Oh, no fun!

Praying!

Nette said...

I haven't even read the post yet but want to say I LOVE the new picture and the title of your post.

Your mom alerted me to the van trouble and I was praying!

Anonymous said...

Uugh! I'm so sorry! I was going to call you back and offer to come pick you all up after we finished lunch, but then I didn't have your cell phone number! I am glad that Brent wasn't too far away and that you are all safe, but that sounds terrible!

jen* said...

Sarah,
I love the new picture of your cute kids! I love seeing all your photos...they always make me smile. I also really like the Hunter sayings : he is so unique and funny!