A teeter totter, or as I warmly refer to it now, the Tooth Breaker. The boys wanted to go on it after we got home, so I was helping them go back and forth b/c Tate couldn't push it down on his own. They were laughing and having a blast on it when Tate slid off and SOMEHOW(I really do not understand how this could have happened)Tate knocked out his front tooth. I was inches from the whole thing and saw it all happen. There was nothing I could have done to prevent it, it happened so quickly. The first thing I saw was Tate's tooth sticking straight out of his mouth. It bled some, but not as much as I would have expected. He didn't seem too upset by it, but I sure was. I bawled like a baby. I called the dentist here in town and asked what I should do, and they told me he'd have to go see the pediatrician dentist in the bigger town 30 mins away, so I made an appointment there for tomorrow morning, but then once I talked to Brent realized we are supposed to be getting a snowstorm and after talking with a lady from church who used to be a dental hygienist I decided to cancel the appointment and reschedule for later. The lady from church came over and checked out the tooth and said he'll need to have X-rays(although its not something that is needed immediately) to make sure all the root is out and won't hinder him from getting his permanent tooth in, but that won't be anytime soon, UNFORTUNATELY! So, I plan on making an appointment for when we are back from Iowa, unless he complains of it hurting before then. She recommended us giving him a softer food diet until he gets used to chewing without his tooth. At this time he looks like he's been in fight and lost b/c he's got a bruise on either side of his forehead and a cut below his eye from the various other injuries he's had. I tell you, that kid is going to keep me on my feet. Here is a picture of his "toothless grin".
Monday, March 9, 2009
So this is what its going to be like??
So, the lesson I've learned today is that there will never be a dull moment when you have three small children, one of which is completely accident prone. The completely accident prone one I am talking about is...you guessed it...Tate. At school each week they get to choose a toy to bring home and keep for the week. Most weeks the boys pick relatively small toys with lots of pieces that I usually have to hunt for all over the house for on Sunday nights. Anyway, today Hunter decided that he wanted this toy:
A teeter totter, or as I warmly refer to it now, the Tooth Breaker. The boys wanted to go on it after we got home, so I was helping them go back and forth b/c Tate couldn't push it down on his own. They were laughing and having a blast on it when Tate slid off and SOMEHOW(I really do not understand how this could have happened)Tate knocked out his front tooth. I was inches from the whole thing and saw it all happen. There was nothing I could have done to prevent it, it happened so quickly. The first thing I saw was Tate's tooth sticking straight out of his mouth. It bled some, but not as much as I would have expected. He didn't seem too upset by it, but I sure was. I bawled like a baby. I called the dentist here in town and asked what I should do, and they told me he'd have to go see the pediatrician dentist in the bigger town 30 mins away, so I made an appointment there for tomorrow morning, but then once I talked to Brent realized we are supposed to be getting a snowstorm and after talking with a lady from church who used to be a dental hygienist I decided to cancel the appointment and reschedule for later. The lady from church came over and checked out the tooth and said he'll need to have X-rays(although its not something that is needed immediately) to make sure all the root is out and won't hinder him from getting his permanent tooth in, but that won't be anytime soon, UNFORTUNATELY! So, I plan on making an appointment for when we are back from Iowa, unless he complains of it hurting before then. She recommended us giving him a softer food diet until he gets used to chewing without his tooth. At this time he looks like he's been in fight and lost b/c he's got a bruise on either side of his forehead and a cut below his eye from the various other injuries he's had. I tell you, that kid is going to keep me on my feet. Here is a picture of his "toothless grin".
A teeter totter, or as I warmly refer to it now, the Tooth Breaker. The boys wanted to go on it after we got home, so I was helping them go back and forth b/c Tate couldn't push it down on his own. They were laughing and having a blast on it when Tate slid off and SOMEHOW(I really do not understand how this could have happened)Tate knocked out his front tooth. I was inches from the whole thing and saw it all happen. There was nothing I could have done to prevent it, it happened so quickly. The first thing I saw was Tate's tooth sticking straight out of his mouth. It bled some, but not as much as I would have expected. He didn't seem too upset by it, but I sure was. I bawled like a baby. I called the dentist here in town and asked what I should do, and they told me he'd have to go see the pediatrician dentist in the bigger town 30 mins away, so I made an appointment there for tomorrow morning, but then once I talked to Brent realized we are supposed to be getting a snowstorm and after talking with a lady from church who used to be a dental hygienist I decided to cancel the appointment and reschedule for later. The lady from church came over and checked out the tooth and said he'll need to have X-rays(although its not something that is needed immediately) to make sure all the root is out and won't hinder him from getting his permanent tooth in, but that won't be anytime soon, UNFORTUNATELY! So, I plan on making an appointment for when we are back from Iowa, unless he complains of it hurting before then. She recommended us giving him a softer food diet until he gets used to chewing without his tooth. At this time he looks like he's been in fight and lost b/c he's got a bruise on either side of his forehead and a cut below his eye from the various other injuries he's had. I tell you, that kid is going to keep me on my feet. Here is a picture of his "toothless grin".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
My brother fell off of his bike when he was 4 (yes he could ride a 2 wheel bike at 4) and his two front teeth fell out, do you know what the dentist did???? He put them back in his mouth and his gums grew back around them... it was amazing!
My brother Jacob is totally accident prone and he is still alive and has some great stories to tell too... my mom however now has high blood pressure. I wonder if the two are related? : )
For now Tate just looks like a cute little hockey player! : )
Fawnda
Poor buddy. I hate teeter totters. Something always goes wrong :)
Wow! All I can say is wow!
Aww, poor guy! He sure looks cute, even with a missing toofer =-)
Teeter totters are the worst play ground toy ever .. I haven't seen a set on a playground in forever. Thank goodness!
Oh my!!! He is REALLY really cute still!!! -brea
Hey I just thought of something. Now would be the time to have him wear that pirate costume and take a picture!
When Kevin was little, he was walking up a real teeter totter (not riding it like you're supposed to) and he fell and hit his mouth on the middle metal support bracket thing. He knocked out his front tooth (which wasn't a baby tooth), and had to have a big ugly silver tooth for the several years. Ewww! It's a good thing he got rid of that thing before I met him.
Poor Taters! At least it was his baby tooth (my sister lost her front permanent one when she fell face-first into a concrete floor and has to wear a fake one now).
Post a Comment