That is the name of the problem with my hip. I went for some ultrasound treatments awhile ago that seemed to help, but I really think it would take at least two treatments a week for who knows how long to get the problem under control. I stopped the treatments, and for a short while I felt better. Here is where I'm at now: constant pain. CONSTANT. My hip gives out on me sometimes and it just hurts a lot. I really like to work out, but if I want to work out now I HAVE to take an Advil about an hour before or I'm in too much pain. This makes me feel depressed, and one of the things exercise does for me is to alleviate my depressed mood. I feel stuck. So, I'm going to start taking this seriously. The chiropractor said that if I do not get help for this thing that it can cause a lot worse of problems, like degeneration and arthritis. Umm, how old am I?? Oh yeah, TWENTY SIX! Here is a link to some info about this thing:
Sacroiliitis Definition
Sacroiliitis Causes
I'm going to be making an appointment really soon to my family doctor in hopes that some physical therapy will be covered by my insurance. The treatments I was doing at the chiropractor where not covered. I hope I can get this taken care of soon!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Sarah :)
I don't know which chiropractor you go to, we do ultrasound therapy at Redebaugh's too, and it's usually $15 a session, I don't know what you're paying, or whether that's affordable for you. Also I guess it's kinda a long way for you to travel more than once a week. Well I just wanted to let you know!! I hope you sort something out that works for you. :)
Hmm, that is something to consider. I was paying $20 a time, so $15 would save me some cash, which is what I'll need to do. Hopefully those treatments can be covered by insurance if I can get it through physical therapy. The tricky part will be finding someone to watch the kids for the treatment times, thats always the kicker with things. Thanks a lot for thinking of me! I miss seeing you at MAC!
Post a Comment