Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm baaaack!

Whew. That is the only word to describe the last few days. I had an overall good time in Iowa, but it was showered with a few disappointments, one of which was that I got the flu on Saturday and spent the day throwing up instead of having fun with my parents. Luckily, they were able to watch the kids while I rested, so that was SO NICE. I couldn't have handled them on my own. But handle them I did as I drove home yesterday. I hadn't kept but a couple things down Saturday night, so needless to say I was pretty weak going into the trip home, but I felt the prayers of those praying for me! The kids did great, we only stopped one time for ten minutes(I was going to stop another time, but they had all just fallen asleep, so I kept on going). I hit all the green lights and had no delays, so it just worked out great. I made it in a record time of just under 6 1/2 hours also! And I wasn't speeding(well, I went five over, but almost everyone goes five over.) I enjoyed meeting wonderful Zane, he's such a good baby. I hardly took any pictures, but I did take this one:
And here is a picture of Callie on the boys chair, something she likes to climb on now:

They were able to get, in my opinion, a lot done on the house. All but one of the new windows are in, the door(although there is a flaw that a rep is coming to look at this week) is in, and, as it turns out, we decided to add a little bump out where the chimney had been so that when we go to get a new fireplace we can get one of any depth. I think this will add a nice visual look to the side of the house. We've changed around the layout of the mudroom addition to be symmetrical to the roof lines of the bump out and the house. I really can see a visual in my head of how its going to look and I think we'll like it a lot!! They also got a lot, I think most, of the electrical upgrade done. It'll be nice not to blow breakers every other day anymore! I feel like I'm in a fishbowl since we have no blinds or curtains on the front windows, but that is just fine for now. I will hopefully be getting a couple pantry's this week to start staining. I can't wait for that(esp since I stopped and stocked up at Aldi in Iowa!). Here are some pictures of the work done so far:





And now, I'm going to go rest b/c I AM EXHAUSTED!!!

1 comment:

Nette said...

Sarah, your house looks so clean and crisp with a new door and windows. I like the white, a lot.
I like you, a lot.

I had a great time visiting with you and am ready to see you again.