Sunday, September 14, 2008

What a week!

Its been a week that I would call not so fun. Brent has been working nights, days and trying to sleep in between. He worked all day yesterday so we really haven't had any weekend. I really really hate these weeks. There are few of them, but they seem to drag on forever. To top it off, all three kids have head colds, so that has added extra unfunness to the week. I'm beginning to feel a little claustrophobic in the house and in this small town. I would love to get out for the day, but that is difficult. Also, the weather has been gloomy, not helping my attitude. So, now that I've got the grumpy stuff out of the way, here's what I did like about the week:

-Hunter had a great time at "school" on Tuesday. He went right in the class and told the teacher he was going to be brave. I couldn't really get anything that he did at school out of him when we got home...but he did say he had fun and wants to go back "this many times" and held up both of his hands.

-I kept Callie up the whole morning before Hunter went to school so she would sleep while Tate was asleep so I could get something done. I ended up helping Brent stain the deck. He did pretty much all the work, but I helped while I could. I'm not sure why we haven't done this sooner, it turned out really nice!
We're still waiting on a call from the lead inspector. He was supposed to call this week, so I'll have to call the guy in charge again tomorrow. Let's get a move on it people!

-We got to see our nephew Matty(and bro and sis-in-law) on Friday. It was nice to see Matty and how he's changed since we saw him last. I had planned on going over to see them more yesterday, but didn't want to get him sick, so we stayed here.

That's about all the blog worthy things that happened this week. Like I said, its been "one of those weeks". I'm hoping next week is more fun. We have Hunter's birthday party on Tuesday, so I'll be trying my hand at making this cake.

Something I want to remember:
-Hunter and I were sitting on the couch the other day and he said, "Mom, you're the best mom in the whole entire world!"

3 comments:

Nette said...

Sarah~! That cake looks *awesome.*
You are.

Britt said...

Can't wait to see pictures of that cake! It looks super cool..

Bummer on the headcolds! I'm feeling ya on the ick-tacular hours and weather. Though I'm enjoying the coolness :o)

breanna said...

i want to totally see pics of that cake when you're finished! i totally coped out making cupcakes! lol
hope your week is better! :S