Well, I'm sure you've noticed the first change is the blog layout. It seems fallish, and that is most certainly the direction the weather is headed here. I also added a Flikr link and signed myself up for an account there so that you don't have to see a billion pictures of the kids if you don't want. Today's are from the park.
Some not so visible changes; I decided we aren't doing MOPS this year. It's been an expensive summer(read: lots of car repairs) and I just can't justify the cost and gas money at this time. I think I'll be alright without it. We instead are trying something new. Starting this Monday we are going to Early Childhood Family Education(ECFE) class. Its called Family Mornings and I'm taking all the kids. I'm hoping it goes alright. For those kids who are over 3 and potty trained there is a Kid's Together class JUST FOR THEM on Tuesday afternoons for three hours, so Hunter will be going to that by himself while I sit at home and nervously wonder what he's doing. It should be OK, I know the people who run it and it is just here in town, but I haven't done anything like this before. He skips naps most of the time nowadays anyway, and he's so social I think he'll enjoy it. We're also starting Kid's Stuff at church. We're no longer doing youth group, which is kind of weird b/c we've done it mostly since moving here five years ago. We're excited to be taking the boys where all their friends are and to learn some more about Jesus!
I wish I could say that another one of the changes is our new house remodel, but that seems to be going SO SLOOOOOW! I sure hope things start progressing at a faster pace so that it is done before the s word starts(snow).
Another change is that I have been making baby food for Callie. I didn't do this with either of the boys and I kind of wish I had now that I've done it. I'm not a big "outside the box" thinker and it never crossed my mind. So far(thanks to my wonderful gardening friends and family) I've done green beans and squash straight from the garden. I've also done carrots, peas, pears and plums. I usually just mash a banana right before I'm feeding her, but I've been using ice cube trays to freeze it and it is working out wonderfully. For some reason I'm kind of grossed out by normal baby food, but this is so much more real tasting. I even sampled some of the squash as I made it the other day. Callie seems to really enjoy it also!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hooray for homemade food!
It is so good for Callie.
I love the new template, Sarah. Orange is pretty and happy.
You are.
Hey! I love your new look! Can't wait to see you tomorrow...and thanks for the prayers...they're working! :)
I love the new layout .. it totally goes with the weather here right now. Chilly! I'm enjoying not having to run my a/c :o)
Kudos for making the baby food! The pre-made stuff always grossed me out too, especially when I was preggo with Viv and feeding it to KayLynn. Eugh!
I love the new look!! You do such a good job journaling and taking pictures, you are doing a great job with the camara. Always fun to see what you guys have been doing, never a dull moment in the Norman household. You're doing a GREAT job as a mother too!!
Love, Gma Debbie
Post a Comment