Monday, September 22, 2008

One of three..

This is one of three posts I'd like to do today. I need to do Callie's 7 month post, I was tagged by Kristi and I want to post some fall pictures. I am, however, short on time. My good friend is in labor right now and I have her daughter along with my kids, so it might not all get posted today.

I do love fall. Yesterday Brent and I had the privilege of going on a date and we drove up to Walker and played tennis, shared a dish of chocolate peanut butter ice cream, walked the beach and parked in the trees and watched an episode of Lost on our portable DVD player(complete with surround sound). It was very fun and relaxing, just what we needed after these last few weeks of busyness. We enjoyed the evening with Brent's parents also.

We got a new table, one that has been in the Norman family for a long while. I am very happy about this, b/c now we can all fit around it for meals.


We received a letter from our grant people saying not to expect the remodel to start until spring of '09. This was very disappointing, to say the least. I know it'll get done eventually, but I wanted it to be before winter. I feel like we're wasting our money with how drafty it is. We could be so much more efficient. We did have a lead inspector come Saturday morning, so that is one more step out of the way.

Here are some pictures I took of the kids. We were raking up piles of leaves, putting them in a bucket and throwing them up in the air at each other.







We had a GREAT surprise on Saturday afternoon. A couple from church called and asked if I wanted to go to Oskaloosa this coming weekend!!! They are going there for a reunion and had some extra room, so the kids and I will be leaving Thursday morning for Iowa and leaving Iowa Sunday about 12. I am SO thrilled about this. I had written off another trip to Iowa until Christmas b/c of our van troubles and the expense of gas.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

What nice friends you have! You have so many leaves on the ground! Fall is coming a bit slower to southern Minnesota. Have a fun time next weekend.

Britt said...

Look at your leaves! They are so pretty :o)

Have fun on your Osky trip! That is so cool! :o)