Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The last few days...

Friday: Well, I blogged on the bad part of Friday, but during the day we had some fun times. We went to the big camp around here, the one where my friend's hubby works and ate lunch and played. They have just about everything you'd ever want to do, and the kids played on the playground a little. We went canoeing(which was quite the experience since the wind all of a sudden came up.) and saw the horses, lambs, rabbits and ducks. I'm sure the highlight for Hunter was when the horse farted at us. Some pics from that good time:






Saturday: Brent took me out for a date. We left the kids at gpa and gma's from around 1-6:30. I had borrowed my friend's GPS again, so we went out geocaching by the Mississippi river and then shared an appetizer at Applebee's. We found some really cool spots while out geocaching. There was not one but TWO weddings going on around where we were looking for a couple cache's, so we only found 2 out of the 4 we had printed off. It felt like it had been forever since Brent and I had been alone together, so it was great to be able to go out(thanks again grandparents!)

Sunday: It was fore casted to be nice and hot, so we planned a beach outing with friends. The kids were happy to be back at the beach(we hadn't been there in about two weeks.) Tate says beach every time we get in the car. We took turns watching each other kids so that we could each go out to the "drop off". That was the highlight of my beach trip, it was really cold, but really fun. We finished up Sunday by helping the new youth leaders move in to the parsonage and we ate some tasty taco pizza(my favorite food besides chocolate.)

Monday: We had a relaxing Labor Day(mostly). Brent went and worked for an hour and a half and I made some baby food, and then we had some friends over for a grill out. I had a really fun time. The kids:

Today: This morning I went and watched my friend's kids while she took her daughter for an appointment. After we got home the kids really wanted to go play in our new puddles, so I let them do that while I watched from inside while folding laundry. I took a few pictures. They sure never get bored of splashing around. There are a couple days pictures of mud splashing, some I didn't get around to putting on here.








And one picture of Callie in a new dress that I was HOPING she'd wear to church. It looked promising until I picked her up to go and she puked all over it. Maybe next Sunday?

1 comment:

Nette said...

What a *full* weekend, Sarah. It sounds like Super Fun Times.
You and the kids and Brent sure go outside a lot. Are you getting all of the time outside you can before it snows?
It is finally cool here today - and rainy! Perfect.