Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why I don't use the breast pump...

I think the kids were mega worn out from our first two days of the week. Yesterday Hunter asked me if he could take a nap at 11:00 am. (They could sleep a little later in the morning, I don't think 6:30 is late enough, esp when Callie has been getting up at LEAST once in the night lately) I asked if they wanted to go outside and play and they said no. Tate got a pile of books and sat by the door reading them quietly and Hunter laid on the couch playing with his cars:



Now on to the subject. I got a nice breast pump when I was pregnant with Callie and had FULL intentions of using it so I could go out by myself for more than an hour and a half. I REALLY tried to get it to work. I tried with Tate and got nothing. Not even anything after 15 or 20 mins, but I was determined to make it work. So I tried it, and it has definately worked out the best, but I still am not making near enough to feed Callie at one sitting. I think about it alot, and want to make it work, but my kids seem to think its some sort of fun machine. Everytime I try and use it I have to use it around the kids (b/c locking myself in a room for 15-20 mins is a recipe for disaster when they are around) they stare at me as if I am some sort of alien monster(which really helps me relax). Tate has even turned up the nobs on me while I'm using it(kind of painful, let me tell you!) But yesterday when I had it out(because I was cleaning the closet I keep it in) they found that it has another use: it is now a fun playtoy for them. They were actually fighting over it. Hunter had out part of it and was using it as a musical instrument and Tate was using it as a sprayer. Then Hunter took one of the tubes and pretented to use it as a gas pump for his car. I got a picture of it: If they ONLY knew what it was they were playing with! I am thinking I've got major blackmail stuff here. My friends and I were talking about breastfeeding at the park today, and we were joking how we all feel a bond to cows now.

In other news, I was on the local Christian radio this morning. They have been giving away tickets to Sonshine all week, so I thought I'd try to win them for two of the youth that are going. Brent and I went last year with the youth and it was really fun. I had just found out I was pregnant, so I was kind of sickly and tired, but we still had a good time. They were giving the tickets away if you won the game of "Name that tune". The radio announcer was playing all sorts of instruments that he did not know how to play, so it made it a little tricky. He played the harmonica for me and I guessed the right song, so I won the tickets!! Being the clever girl I am I enticed one of the youth kids with a ticket IF she agreed to watch the boys for a night while Brent and I go out. She said that the tickets are $80 and that I could have TWO nights of babysitting! I am very excited about that. Esp since Brent's birthday is this month. We'll see what I can get for the other one... :)

I better go and clean the bathroom now. Happy Fourth of July!!

1 comment:

Allen and Cherry Messimer said...

I love reading your blog. It's like reading a good book. I enjoy picturing you in all of these situations. You are an inspiration :)