Callie was five months on Friday! Time is really starting to fly by with her. We had her four month check-up today(late, I know.) I was all set for her to start her immunizations, but decided to wait till 6 months b/c she came down with a runny nose and has a little bit of a fever. I'm sure its her teeth. The boys got colds when they were teething as well. I told the doctor that, and he said they don't get them from teething, but I think otherwise. I think their immune system is lower when they are teething. I just want the kids to be the picture of health when they get shots. Anyway, her status:
Height: somewhere in the 24 inch mark. The nurse was laughing at how squirmy she is. We tried our best at getting her straightened out, but I know it isn't accurate.
25% for height.
Weight: 13 lbs 4 oz. She is a peanut. The doctor isn't worried about her, he just says she's petite. 10% for weight. None of my kids were ever "chubby".
He said developmentally she is doing great also. She was chewing on her hands and whining the whole hour we were at the doctors. I can tell the teeth are bothering her. I was sure I'd be able to post about her first tooth at her five month blog!
At five months she is:
-rolling over and over. I call her rollie pollie ollie. She can move all around if she wants.
-reaching for things, putting things in her mouth.
-laughing. She's started this new thing in the last few days. When she's chomping down on her hands she makes a deep growl sound. Kind of scary, but funny.
-teething like mad.
-always on the move. She LOVES to be in her excersaucer or johny jump up. I'm constantly terrified she'll get whiplash in the johny jump up, as she is quiet the spaz in that thing.
-sleeping not as good as she used to. She goes to bed anywhere from 8:30-10 and wakes up in the 4-5 o'clock hour. Normally she doesn't take a morning nap, and sometimes not even an afternoon nap. I'm working really hard on getting her into a routine. Preferably an afternoon nap routine...
-is still bald, but the hair IS growing some.
-is the smiley-est baby ever! She smiles at anyone who talks to her.
Brent and I are enjoying finding out more and more about her personality. Most of the time she is pretty good natured, but I think teething is taking its toll on her right now. Looking forward to some of the next "firsts" that I can post next month!
1 comment:
Yeah for Callie! She's so cute! Her smile can make your day :) What a joy... love, Nikki L
Post a Comment