I'm so ready for our house remodel to start. I type that as I'm sitting upstairs in my stifling hot office. Ugg.
I decided to go grocery shopping yesterday instead of today. Here's how it went:
-Supposed to be at my friend's house at 9:45, was there instead at 10:07 b/c Callie had to nurse right when I wanted to leave.
-Went first to JC Pennys since I had a free $10 to spend. Wanted a new swimsuit but they did not carry ONE swimsuit in that whole building. Kids running around everywhere, tried to find something really quick that would be nice for myself, Callie screaming the whole time. Finally grabbed something and left(only to return it an hour later b/c it didn't fit right when I tried it on in the car, got a shirt for Brent instead)
-Thought Callie would be able to hang on for the 5 minute drive to the park where my friend was. Was wrong and had to pull over and nurse her a few blocks from the park or else my ears would have exploded.
-Ate lunch at the park and walked around a little on a pretty path around a pond. Hunter was tired and fell on the trail, getting the smallest scrape ever but making the biggest deal ever. Had to carry him(while he cried loudly in my ear) while pushing Callie in her stroller.
-Kids fell asleep on the way to Target, I ran in and used my coupons while my friend stayed in the van with the sleeping children. That was nice and took half the time it would have had we had to unload everyone.
-Ran into Penny's to exchange my purchase.
-Went to Wal-Mart next. Got a cart that has the two seats attached to the front of the cart, so the boys where in that part and Callie was in her car seat on the cart. Got toiletries first and headed to the kids section for diapers(after walking down the toy isle checking out the graders) Callie starts to fuss(even though I JUST nursed her before we left the park) Get diapers(although forget swimmers and have to go back for them) and head to grocery section. Get down 2 aisles and Callie starts screaming her lungs out. My friend could hear her three isles down. Finally have enough and take her out of her car seat. I'm now pushing a beast of a cart (one handed) with two boys hitting one another while Callie cries in my ear. She calms down shortly after I pick her up, but I still have to hold her, push the cart and look for my months worth of groceries. People were staring, mouths were dropping and other moms were looking at me with sheer pity. "Wow, you really have your hands full," and "That doesn't look like fun," were the most popular comments. I did have a couple people ask if the boys were twins(!)
-Got to register and Hunter helped me unload the cart. He did a very nice job helping.
-Made it to the van, unloaded our one million bags of groceries and nursed Callie in the parking lot, after changing Tate and Callie's diapers in the front seat of the van.
-Did find a new tankini swimsuit at Wal-Mart on clearance and was charged for only one piece(found that out in the van while nursing and wasn't going back in to wait in line at customer service for 10 mins over someone elses mistake) so I picked up a new swimsuit for a whopping $9.00!
-Made it home around 3:45 exhausted. Gave the boys marshmallow cereal for supper with ice cream for dessert and ate half a row of double stuff Oreos myself.
I realize I'm nuts for even trying to take the kids on this kind of excursion, but what else am I supposed to do? Hire a sitter? Go at night? I don't have money for a sitter, and I don't want to take up a night spent with Brent at home to go do this, so I'm left with one option. At least I'm done till next month...
Anyway, while I was at Wal-Mart I picked up some rice cereal for Callie. Last night she had it for the first time and she really liked it. She ate it right up! I also got some frozen peas and green beans to make her some baby food, so we'll be starting that in a few more weeks.
Another first for her was that she slept down in her room in the crib last night. I've kept her in the bassinet till last night, and she has definitely outgrown it. For some reason it was hard to not have her next to us, but the monitor let me know when she was awake.
She is getting closer to crawling. In fact she was up on her knees and hands and took one crawl and then plopped down, so I'm sure it won't be long before she crawls. I'm going to have to look into a baby gate I think. She scoots herself backwards, and we are practicing sitting up with the boppy pillow, so I think she'll be able to do that without support soon. She's growing so fast...
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My goodness, I'm exhausted just thinking about your day! You are a trooper! did Callie finally cut that toothe?
Post a Comment