We had a busy weekend with the Norman family reunion. There were lots more people there than I was expecting. It was nice to meet Brent's cousins and see his brothers and sisters again. Hunter really enjoyed playing with Uncle Joe. They played trucks and tractors for a LONG time. You can tell by his face he really likes Uncle Joe:
It was also nice seeing our nephew, Matty. He has passed Callie up in size by a lot! Here are some pics of the family(minus Jason and Fawnda who I didn't get a picture of :( :
On Sunday night we went kite flying with our friends. It was really fun. Brent and I both felt like kids again flying kites. We played at the playground nearby and ran and walked around the track with the kids, so they slept great that night. I wanted to take some pictures, but I was too busy having fun.
We went to the beach again yesterday and spent most of the day there. The kids floated around and got all sandy. The kids fell asleep on the way back and napped some in the van before our friends kids came.
I thought we'd take it easy this morning, but I again feel worn out. I pushed both the boys on the swing, made several walks around the house, worked on teaching Hunter how to write his name with chalk, read lots of books, did a puzzle, did a sticker puzzle, folded two loads of laundry and made lunch. I'll be glad for the fun break tonight. Hunter told me as he was eating lunch that I "was a good momma." Its good to hear that once in a while. I've been feeling like this a lot of times lately.
1 comment:
You're never alone in that feeling. We get so used to being exhausted that we don't realize our fatigue could be a large part of the reason we simply CAN'T do one more thing!
Then we feel bad about our impatience and frustration.
Someday we will rest...someday.
I hope you had a nice break with your husband.
Your kiddos are so sweet and cute by the way,
Heather
Post a Comment