Then on the fourth we went to a parade with our friends. The kids got lots of candy(I ate all their sour candy, I love sour candy.) and it was a patriotic fun time. Callie held a flag to show her patriotism.
After the parade we headed to our friends for a grill out. The weather was great and we had a nice time lounging around. We left our friend's house in the late afternoon and went straight to our other friend's child's first birthday party. He was born on the fourth last year.
They have an AWESOME yard for get togethers! It was really fun. The kids loved going exploring on their path, Brent played some ultimate frisbee and I got in a "game" of bad mitten. At the end of the party they brought out the sparklers and the kids all really liked those. Even Callie was smiling at them. We didn't take in the fireworks because let's face it, keeping the kids up till 11 is not something I'm keen on.
Yesterday was spent lounging around and recovering from the day before. Brent did some more yard work and we played a game of crocket while ALL THREE KIDS SLEPT AT THE SAME TIME!!! That hasn't been happening lately. And since I didn't use all our budgeted grocery money for the month we treated ourselves to some taco pizza for supper. It was a good day.
Today we went to the beach after church. Callie tried the water, but was more content sleeping.
At this particular beach you can go out VERY far without the water getting past your thighs, so Hunter and his friends floated around in the water for a long time. Tate was happy in the sand, or throwing sand on others. I buried his feet and I think he enjoyed that. Here he is making "sand angels":
Something cute Hunter said:
-last night as he was praying for supper he said, "...and thank you for mom and dad and their love."
-he came over to me as I was sitting on the couch and said, "Mom, I'm going to give you a hug and a kiss b/c you are beautiful."
2 comments:
That looks America-tastic, Sarah!
I LOVE Hunter's sayings...so precious! :)
Post a Comment