Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A very boring day.

I do say, we have a HUGE case of cabin fever at my house! It is still too cold for us all to be out there, and Callie didn't seem to want to sleep so I could take the boys out yesterday(I of course take a moniter out with me) so we were left with the usual toys to play with. I even brought out all the "special" boring day toys, but they didn't keep the boys attention spans for long. When is it going to get nice here???? I mean, Come ON weather!!! My life is much easier when we can be outside! Anyway, Hunter had been talking about birthdays and birthday parties so I thought, hey, why not, lets have a birthday party! So...we decided on an animal theme. We made a cake, I blew up some balloons, and we made animal hats. Hunter was a lion:


Tate was a gorilla:


I was a zebra but we don't need to see that. I grabbed a few of the boys cars and tractors and wrapped them up. Here they are opening them: (I love Tate's goofy face in the one)



Then we had some birthday cake. For lunch. Desperate times call for desperate measures.



After "lunch" we had an animal hunt. I took some of their plastic animals and hid them around the living room. Then I had chosen some books all about animals and we read about 5 of them. Then it was nap time. Brent came home a little early yesterday, so he was there to help with the chaos that took place after nap. Brent brought home a futon mattress(we are needing something for Tate after we take the crib away) and he had that in the living room. The boys were running around all hopped up(still from the cake??) and jumping off the couches. They were wild. Really wild. I told Brent they NEEDED to go outside, so after supper he took them outside for awhile. I stayed in with Callie but we watched them play out the window. Brent had a ratchet strap hooked from the Jeep to the wagon, and Hunter was driving Tate all around the yard. I think it did a fairly good job of wearing them out.

I just hope the weather gets nicer fast. I'm running out of ideas...

7 comments:

breanna said...

Ah you are such a good mom! What a great idea to have a Birthday Party! LOL I love it! I may have to use it someday!

Nette said...

Sarah~
I love this post. It makes me so happy! Birthdays All The Time.

~Nette

jen* said...

Sarah!

I love this post and your creativity! I especially like the photo of Tate as a gorilla...I set it as my desktop background so I can get a lift when I'm feeling grumpy about spreadsheets and Quickbooks!

I hope the weather cooperates soon so you can get outside.

~ Jen*

Britt said...

I want to see your Zebra hat!! lol hehe

Alaina said...

Sarah! That is an amazing idea! I hope I have that much creativity when I'm a mom! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am impressed! You definitely win the good mom of the week award! :)

See you tomorrow!

Nikki said...

That doesn't sound like a boring day. I'm impressed! You're making the rest of us look bad.