Now I LOVE being outside! I am so ready to spend all our time outside, but with it comes a TON of added laundry and baths. The boys are now going through at least two pairs of pants. We went out after lunch today and all was well until Hunter pushed Tate down in a big mud puddle. Then after I'd gotten Tate cleaned and changed(into BLACK pants) he got stuck in the mud with his boots. I told Hunter to "tow" him out(b/c that's what Mater would do) and Hunter took his hand and was helping Tate get unstuck, but Tate managed to fall in the process. So we came in. We saved the box our fridge came in, so I cut a door and window in it and it is the boys new "clubhouse". Here are some pictures of our time outside, it was REALLY nice out!
More about that bath talk. So, I've written on here before that Tate always smashes food into his hair the morning I give him a bath. I remedied that problem by doing baths at night. I used to do baths at night, but found mornings easier, but now we are back to night baths. So, he basically stopped smashing his hair. I can't remember the last time he did it. Well, they needed a bath and we are busy with youth group tonight, so I gave them one this morning(I also cut Hunter's hair) And at lunch that little stinker smashed lasagna all into his freshly washed hair. I really think he does it on purpose! Here is what it looked like:
Callie went to bed at 9:30 last night! She was up all evening, and then I gave her a bath(which she is following in her brothers footsteps b/c she spit up all over her hair) and nursed her and she went right to sleep without any problems. So I went to sleep(w/out any problems) She slept until 2:30 and I got up and nursed her, but fell asleep somewhere shortly after. I woke up at 5 and realized she was still on my lap(thank goodness for boppy pillows) I nursed her again and she went to sleep. My glasses got knocked off my nightstand, so I laid her in between Brent and I while I felt around for them when I heard(and felt) her projectile vomit all over my side of the bed and herself and me. More than I've ever seen any of my kids spit up. So I couldn't stay in my bed b/c my side was soaked. I took her downstairs and she fussed for the next hour and a half. I stood jiggling her in the kitchen b/c I didn't want to wake the boys up with her crying, and when she fell asleep at 6:30 I sat in the playroom watching the news. I dozed off a little after 6:30 and the boys woke me up a little before 7. So, I'm tired again. As always. It'd be a bit easier to "savor" the newborn stage with more sleep. Here's a picture of the cutie pie, though:
A funny Hunter moment from the other day: He has seen Cars one two many times. While at gma and gpa Normans the other day he was watching it and was speaking word for word what the characters were saying. So funny to watch. Anyway, we were leaving the grocery store Monday and I was getting the kids buckled in while the carryout guy put the groceries in the car. Hunter looks up at me, points to me and says(from Cars) "Hey! You, me, dinner. Kachow!" I burst out laughing.
1 comment:
ugh I remember those fuzzy, sleep deprived days.I'm praying for you! The sleepless months go quick but feel like years in the moment, don't they?
Hunter makes me laugh! Kachow!! lol too funny.
Post a Comment