Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No rest for the weary...



Well, I sure am tired. Callie has been keeping us up lately. Her new routine is to fuss from 7-11, then sleep till 2 and be up anywhere from 2-5, then she sleeps till 6:30 or so, just as the boys are waking up. If I don't sleep from 11-2, I don't sleep at all. Last night she was awake from 2-5. I finally took her downstairs to let Brent get some sleep, and I sat there trying (unsuccessfully) to console her. It is extremely exhausting. She seemed tired, but she would thrash her legs out quiet a bit, so this morning I decided we'd try the chiropractor. We were able to get in this morning and he asked me quite a few questions about her, down to what her spit up looked like. He diagnosed her with colic, but said it probably wasn't gas that is causing her discomfort, but certain vertebrae are out around her tummy, making her stomach hurt. Unfortunately, those same vertebrae give me trouble all the time. Every time I go to the chiropractor the same bones are out, and they are all the stomach ones. I hope she hasn't inherited my terrible digestive system! He adjusted her and I will be bringing her back Thursday and twice next week. He hopes this will take care of her discomfort. I hope so b/c I would LOVE a more restful night. My super friend, Nikki, watched the boys while I took Callie to the chiro and then kept them for the afternoon and let me take a little snooze at her house. I really appreciated that. Brent is gone with the boys now at a dad's time at the library. I guess they will be having story time, gym time and a snack. When I left Nikki's Hunter had his orange pants on inside out and backwards, so I hope Brent was able to convince him to turn them around:)

The boys have been playing pretty well together lately. They've been super silly. Tate has been putting on every ones shoes and whatever clothes are laying around(which, unfortunately, has been a lot of clothes) He was wearing a stocking cap around last night with my flip flops on. He came into the room wearing one of my tank tops, and it was very funny. I didn't get a picture. I gave him a hair cut the other night before bath, and Brent had to hold down his arms. Every time I give the boys haircuts I always say after that I'm going to take them to a barber next time, just so I don't have to deal with it. Poor Brent was sitting there holding Tate's arms when Hunter poked him in the ear with the scissors that were in our haircutting kit. Brent handled it gracefully.

I had my 6 week checkup yesterday and my incision is healing nicely and I've been cleared to resume exercise. Mellow exercise, but exercise! I have been really excited about being able to exercise again. Not sure when I'm going to do it, but at least I can! I think I'm going to try to get Pilates in before the kids get home. My plan is to do Pilates after the kids are in bed, but Callie needs to cooperate with the plan. We still have thrush and I got another prescription from my doctor and one for Callie. I'm not going to let it get bad again.

I haven't had any funny Hunter sayings lately, but he said something funny the other day to Brent. He and Brent were putting together a puzzle and Brent told Hunter to go ahead and put a few pieces on, and Hunter tried and then said, "But dad, I can't do that yet. When I'm a dad, then I can do that!"

A few pictures:



1 comment:

Nette said...

Sarah!
I love the image of orange pants worn inside-out. Your boys are amazing. All three of them.
Little Callie...she will be amazing too once she gets her sleep patterns worked out. You are handling motherhood with grace and beauty, Sarah. So fit!