Brr, I am not a fan of this weather. It feels too cold for only being November. The weather needs to pace itself. My friend called and asked to do something today, but I said I didn't want to go outside, so she came over and her son even went out and got my mail for me, so I won't be stepping outside today.
The pictures were a little disappointing. I'm used to Tate smiling constantly, but he really didn't smile once during the pictures. He was really scared and wouldn't stay put and cried, so they didn't turn out like I'd hoped. I think I might just take my own pictures from now on. My friend and I were talking this morning and she said she put up a sheet in their basement and tried taking pictures of her kids, and I'd seen them in the frames not knowing they were taken by her, and I thought they were professional, so I think we might do that next time. Then I could do them more b/c it wouldn't cost so much. I gave the boys a bath the morning of the pictures and as I was drying Hunter's hair he looked in the mirror and said, "Oooo! Lookin' good, lookin' good!" I thought that was funny. We left about 10 and didn't get home until 4. It was a looong day. I had a coupon for film processing that expired in two days, so I stopped by Target first to turn my film in. I don't like leaving the boys in the car even for a minute, so I had to take them in for that. Then, after the pictures I had promised Hunter he could ride the tractors that I'd seen there once. We walked the whole mall to find them and I was getting nervous that they weren't there until I happened to peek into where the old arcade used to be and saw them there. Whew! So I had enough quarters for him to go on all but one. That was two days ago and he is still talking about how fun that was, so I'm glad we found them. After pictures I figured they'd be hungry so we went to Wendy's for chicken nuggets and mandarin orange cups. I'm glad fast food restaurants are starting to have a little healthier variety of things. We ate inside and Hunter thought it was a "very nice restruant." Then I had to go to Wal-Mart to get a few things and then back to Target to pick up my pictures. Hunter had to go potty in Wal-Mart just as we got up to the checkout and our stuff on the conveyor belt, but luckily the bathrooms were close and the lady let us go really quick. Hunter was very fascinated with the automatic flushing toilets. He looked up at me with big eyes and said, "Mom that toilet just flushed itself!" I figured they'd fall asleep on the way home, Tate fell asleep before we were even out of Brainerd, and Hunter fell asleep as I turned on our street. I knew that they wouldn't go back to sleep if I took them in, and I knew that 45 mins for Tate was not near enough time, so I drove up to Backus to do some banking and then got gas, and by that time they were kind of starting to stir, so they got a little more nap than they would have. I was very tired by the end of it. I had planned on going to the bank yesterday, though, so I didn't have to do that, and that was nice.
MAC was yesterday, and Hunter wore his Vikings jersey b/c he said it would make him run faster. He did run around the gym pretty fast. I try to chase him, but I can't really do that anymore, so I just walk as fast as I can. I'm pretty sure if I do that when I'm due it'll put me into labor:) The DQ had cheeseburgers 2 for $2, so we went there with my two friends and their kids after. We pretty much took up the whole place, there were 7 kids amongst us.
Brent and I had a date night last night, and we went to Applebee's(we had a gift certificate from my old coworkers) and that was really really fun. We had a good waitress and I really enjoyed my food(I totally out-ate Brent) and company. It is so nice being waited on and not having to get up 50 times during a meal. I didn't take that for granted. After Applebee's we went to Wal-Mart to get a couple presents for the boys. I never could see before how people could spend hundreds of dollars on their kids for Christmas but I am starting to get it. We don't have a lot of money, but we figured $60 total for the kids is reasonable, but that doesn't go far at all! We had already decided on a $20 Cars kid card table for both the boys, so we had $20 each left and it was really hard to find something. Hunter is fairly easy b/c he loves cars and trucks and tractors so much, but Tate was a little harder. He is almost too old for the baby-ish toys, and yet a little too young for the other toys. We ended up getting him a moo-ing cow flashlight and a hippo you can push and ride on that picks up blocks. It was a good deal. As for Hunter, we got him the mack truck from Cars that had three cars(including Mqueen) I hope they like them.
Hunter has taken after his dad. Yesterday he was watching Sesame Street while I got ready, and he came into the bathroom and said, "Mom, I NEED a banana." I asked if he could wait, but he needed one right then he said, so I went and got him one. Then he told me he could peel it on his own, so he sat down in front of the tv with it, and that is when I noticed that they were singing about banana's on tv. Brent I'm told was banned from watching Three Amigo's b/c he would imitate some parts in it, and Hunter seems to be going down the imitation road himself. All the time around the house he says, "Paachow!" and "Checkered flag here I come" and "Oh yeah!" all from Cars. He doesn't even watch it that much, maybe once a month. So I think he's like his dad on that.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment