Monday, November 19, 2007

latest ob appointment

I had another ob appointment today. We're at that point again where they know me by name and don't even have to ask it. I had my glucose screening today, so I had to drink the gross juice and wait an hour and give blood. The giving blood went great, I was really happy, b/c I don't usually have an easy time with that. I was hoping for another ultrasound, but I guess I won't be getting one until week 36. I was hoping for him to be able to give me one to know its "for sure" a girl. The heartbeat was 154 and he said, "Its a girl, Sarah, its a girl," so maybe I'm just being paranoid. I just don't want to be expecting something and then get a surprise at the end. Everything was fine, though, so that is good. I think I've gained a fair amount so far, the nurse said I was having no problem with that. And Thanksgiving is Thursday so... The baby has been pushing on my bladder a lot, I feel like it uses it as a trampoline, and I have to go to the bathroom a ton. Sometimes I haven't even gotten done washing my hands when I have to go again. I remember that happening with Tate, too.

Hunter has been calling everyone his best friend lately. At lunch today I was attempting to make it exciting for him to eat his sandwich by saying he would turn into a bear and could growl at us, and he said, "Mom, I won't growl at YOU, you're my best friend!" He told Tate he was his best friend, too, and gave him a hug. They are really getting to be best friends. Today before nap they were wrestling around. Most of the stuff they do while wresting doesn't look fun to me, but they laugh and laugh. I guess that is just how boys are. Hunter fell out of his bed this morning. I heard a loud crash all the way upstairs and then he started crying. He hurt his jaw, but mostly he was just scared by it. The normal routine for nap time with Hunter is we go downstairs, I say "love you, goodnight" and I rock him till I hear him snoring, and today when I said "love you" he said "love you, too." (which he normally does) Then a second later he said,"I love you so much" and pretty much melted my heart like a stick of butter.

Things I'm thankful for:
-mom and dad are coming to visit
-health for me and the baby
-being able to stay home with the kids
-Debbie watching the boys while I went to the doctor

No comments: