Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'm expecting gray hair any day now...



Don't these two look ornery? They are.

It was an interesting day. Last night Brent left for work at 9:30 and I messed around for awhile on the computer, then went to bed to watch King of Queens on the portable DVD player, and as I entered the bedroom I heard that scratching again. There is still something in our wall!! AH! It kept me WIDE awake until Brent came home at 1:30. I then fell asleep somewhere around 2:30 just to be woken at 3 by Hunter falling out of bed downstairs. Then he woke up for good at 6. He was sitting on his floor yelling "MOMMY!" at the top of his lungs. Now 6 is over an hour before he usually gets up, so I am not accustomed to that. I got around 3 hours of sleep and that isn't enough for me. I told him to look at books and went back upstairs to bed, but I heard him pushing the kitchen chair to the counter a few minutes later and decided that it would be better to be down there with him. So I did my Beth Moore study which was on Joy today(it is an in depth fruit of the spirit study). I was motivated to have lots of joy today, but I got kind of stressed out later on...

We had MOPS today, so that was fun. The speaker we had was a karate teacher in Crosslake who showed us how to defend ourselves in an attack situation. It was very interesting and educational. I felt like wrestling Brent when he got home, but I am not in a position right now where that would be good. I just wanted to see if it would work. We moms practiced on each other. A couple of the moms were quite feisty. I always ask Hunter if he has to go potty before we leave and today he said no, but as we picked up Tate from his class he was doing his potty dance, so I found a bathroom, lifted him up b/c the toilet was too high for him to stand, and he peed everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Tate meanwhile was getting into the supply of tp they had. TP was EVERYWHERE. That kid is quick, but more on that later. Hunter told me when we got home, "I love you mommy, you're so cute!"

After nap Hunter wanted to play Candyland, so we got that out, then the wooden blocks, then they tore into their closet, flinging all their socks and diapers and Hunter's underwear and the sheets and pillow cases everywhere. It was a big mess. I'd already picked up the socks and underwear/pullups once today. I don't' like bending over. Then it was time to make supper. I was busy with that and Tate unbenownced to me got into our("kid-proofed") cabinet that has our dishwasher soap etc. in it and got the Fabreeze out. I did not hear him at all, probably b/c he is so fast and sneaky. How I found out they had it was Hunter came into the kitchen holding the Fabreeze can, facing him, with his hair COMPLETELY soaked and his face all wet with the stuff. I was like, "!!!!!!!!!!!" He said his eyes hurt, so I frantically grabbed him and put him under the sink with his face in the water. I got him rinsed out really good, and then went to check Tate, who smelled strongly of Cucumber Melon as well. I washed out his eyes thoroughly, and then asked Hunter if he'd swallowed any of it. I think they will be ok, they just will be smelling of Cucumber Melon for the next 5 years. So in the middle of making supper I had a near meltdown. I was pretty stressed about it. I will be putting ALL household cleaners up high. I always make sure the nozzles are closed so it won't spray, but that can didn't have one. So much for childproof. As we ate supper I told Hunter never to do that again, and he said, "Yeah, you should put that up high so we can't get it. So high that we need a ladder!" I think that is a good idea.

I think they found some speed laying around somewhere though, maybe they got a little silly from the Fabreeze, b/c they were tearing around here tonight like crazy. They were running around in circles, dancing about and all that. Crazy boys. Pictures are tomorrow, and I have been a nervous wreck that someone would get bruised. Tate fell tonight and split his lip, so he has a fat lip, and he bit Hunter's neck while they were wrestling, so I hope Hunter doesn't have a hickey-like bruise tomorrow. But...I've come to realize that that is life and they might just look goofy and beat up. That is real. They have tractor rides at the mall, so I am going stocked with quarters. I've been priming Hunter about the pictures, and we practice his smile. He makes a big pouty face and says that's how he's going to look.

Tate said a couple new words today. Hunter was coming out of a room, and Tate was a little ahead of him, and came running to me and said "Hide!" really clearly. He said "Bye" really clearly to Brent this morning. Later we were reading a book and when it was over he said, "All done!" and started clapping. All of these were really clear. He also (when asked) today took his diaper and threw it in the garbage for me. He's getting so big!

And now for funny Hunter sayings: Tonight after supper as he got down from his chair, he said, "Thank you, Sarah!" He's been saying my name occasionally. Then at supper he told me, "Mom, your belly is going to get really big." I asked him if it looked big now and he said no, so he is a nice boy!

1 comment:

Nette said...

I hope the pictures went amazingly well and you will have two calm boys on the drive home.
I spent some time with your mom again today and we laughed and sympathized with you today. You are a great mom!