Monday, November 26, 2007

back to routine...

Well, Thanksgiving weekend is over and we are getting back to our normal routine. We had mom and dad for a few days, and that was really really fun. It was nice seeing them for more than a day. We had Thanksgiving at the Norman's with gpa and gma and Jason and Fawnda and Gigi. I got nice and full. Then we had a turkey the next day with mom and dad. We went to Walker on Friday night for their lighted Christmas parade and fireworks. We bundled the kids way up b/c it is cold and Tate looked absolutely hysterical. I didn't get a picture of him but I did get a video of it. The only snow pants we had around his size are 24m, so we put them over his coat and since they were tan colored he looked like one of those sumo people. It was so funny!! He could hardly walk at all. They did really good at the parade, Hunter just sat in the stroller under a blanket and smiled and waved at everyone. We had to hold Tate, but he watched, too. I asked Hunter what his favorite thing was about the parade, and he said candy. And the horses(and their poop of course) And Tate really liked the horses and the firetruck. They both enjoyed the fireworks also. We got a really good parking space, so Tate and gma Mary and gpa BJ stayed in the van and Brent and I took Hunter outside to see them. I guess Tate was saying "Oooh! Wooo!" the whole time. Hunter really liked them also. Although its cold, its nice that they can see fireworks, 4th of July is just too late for kids to be up.

We've been having some computer problems lately, so I've been pretty frustrated with that. Definitely have a large surplus of pregnancy hormones floating around. I'm surprised our printer wasn't hurled out the window by me. Then we've also been having what we think are bats in our walls. That is a bit unnerving. I'm pretty sure they are there by accident and are going to die, but it is irritating none the less.

I made the kids picture appointment for Wed and 11, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that no one gets bruised. Tate has a slight remnant of his black eye, but I think it will be fine in the pictures. Hunter had his car wash out today and got a little water on the floor, and Tate walked by and took a big fall, but it wasn't on his face luckily.

I'll try to remember some funny sayings lately, it is hard b/c there are so many...
As we were on the way home from Walker the other night Hunter sighed and said, "I'm tired of being patient." I guess he and Debbie were talking about the new baby last night, she said that there would soon be a new baby, and Hunter said, "Yeah and Tate's got to go." Man, that is all I can think of right now, I know there are more, so maybe I'll write them later...
I found this on myspace and thought it might be fun to do for the boys since I will probably forget everything:

Mommies, fill this out about all your little ones!!!! Have fun! Fill in the answers for your baby(s)


1. Age?
3 years

2. name?
Hunter Allen

3. Date of Birth?
September 17, 2004

4. time of birth?
10:40 pm

5. how long did labor last?
from start to finish 12 hours

6. who was in the room when baby was born?
just daddy and me, but gmas and gpas and Anna & Justin were waiting outside the door

7. how long did you push?
about a half hour

6. weight?
8 lbs 4 oz

9. length?
20 inches

10. any hair?
lots of dirty blonde hair

11. who does the baby look like?
they said you looked like us both

12. Be honest, how much weight did you gain?
28 lbs

13.was your baby early or late?
2 days early

14. Who drove you home from the hospital?
Brent(very slowly)

15. how many baby showers did u have?
1

16. when did baby start sleeping thru the night?
7 weeks, just in time for me to get a good nights sleep for my first day back to work

17. did u breastfeed?
as much as I could for about 8 months

18.if not, what kind of formula ?
you were also on Enfamil while I was at work

19. who keeps your baby the most?
me right now

20.. how did u pick the name?
If it was a boy, daddy got to pick it out, if a girl, me and daddy really liked the name Hunter

22. how did u know when it was time to go to hospital?
the doctor induced at 7 in the morning(actually not but that was when I had to be there)

23. who drove u there?
Brent

24. Did u go home or somewhere else when u left the hosp?
to gma debbie and gpa steve's

25. Anyone spend the night with u first night home?
Just the three of us.

Tate

1. Age?
1 year

2. name?
Tate James

3. Date of Birth?
August 17, 2006

4. time of birth?
9:39 pm

5. How long was labor?
from start to finish 5 hours, (lots of waiting time)

6. who was in the room when baby was born?
just daddy and me, but gmas and gpa BJ and Laci were outside the door

7. how long did you push?
about 5 mins

6. weight?
7 lbs 7 oz

9. length?
21 inches

10. any hair?
lots of dirty blonde hair (covered your ears!)

11. who does the baby look like?
Norman all the way

12. Be honest, how much weight did you gain?
28 lbs

13.was your baby early or late?
1 days early

14. Who drove you home from the hospital?
Brent(not as slowly)

15. how many baby showers did u have?
0

16. when did baby start sleeping thru the night?
8 weeks. The first 3 nights Tate slept through the night Hunter woke up in the night. Go figure!

17. did u breastfeed?
yes, just breastfed until 8 monts when I quit overnight. Not recommended.

18.if not, what kind of formula ?
he was on Enfamil for a few months after

19. who keeps your baby the most?
I have stayed home with him since the begining

20.. how did u pick the name?
If it was a boy, daddy got to pick it out, if a girl, me. I figured this would be the last time I'd be pregnant, so I helped pick it out a little more. Little did I know...

22. how did u know when it was time to go to hospital?
the doctor induced at 7 in the morning(actually not but that was when I had to be there)

23. who drove u there?
Brent

24. Did u go home or somewhere else when u left the hosp?
yep, we went home

25. Anyone spend the night with u first night home?
Gma Mary, Gpa BJ and Laci

3 comments:

Mary Poppins said...

Grandma Debbie was almost in the room when Hunter was born. I still remember her scaring the nurse because she was leaning on the door when the nurse was coming out of the room!

Nette said...

Sarah~
I love these questions. I may be doing a school project about birth stories and would like to interview you (and your mom). These questions are a good outline for my questions. My mom wasn't very detailed when I asked for my birth...

Nette

Mary Poppins said...

Since your day is going less "routine" than you expected, here's my verse for last week that I'm using again this week. I love the things that God feels about us:
Zephaniah 3:17 ~ The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.