Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday, Bloody Thursday

Well, its been quite an evening around here. I'm not feeling very well right now, I've got a headache and my stomach isn't feeling well. It just hit me around 4 this afternoon, so I called Brent to see when he'd be home. He was on his way, so I was relieved. However, not a minute later Tate pushed Callie down while she was standing and she fell and hit her mouth. She cut that thing that hangs from your top gums to your lip pretty bad. It bled A LOT. She cried hysterically for 10 minutes straight, poor thing. I felt even worse after that b/c I don't like the sight of blood. She is doing fine now, thankfully. The blood did not end there, however. Tate and Hunter pulled out all the pillows, blankets and any other covering they could find and placed it on me while I was laying on the couch. Later, after I took them off me, they started jumping from the couch to the pile of blankets/pillows on the floor. Hunter got carried away and drug/pushed Tate down on the floor. Tate hit his head REALLY HARD on the record cabinet and it started bleeding badly. Brent took care of that one. I am a little nervous b/c he hit his head so hard, but he seems to be acting normal. I sat him on my lap with an ice pack for as long as he would allow. I was looking at the poor guy while icing his head. He's got a scar from when he cut his eyebrow open, a chipped front tooth from when he fell on the tile, and currently he has a scratch mark and bruise on his cheek. He really is quiet the "bruiser". Much like his dad was I imagine. I sure hope he grows out of this accident prone trend. I think I would surely pass out if he ever breaks a bone.

In completely unrelated news, Hunter now has a new name for our Balmex. He was bringing it to Brent tonight as he was changing Tate's diaper and he called it "penis cream". We good a chuckle out of that. I hope he calls it the right name if we are in public;)

2 comments:

Britt said...

I'll never look at Balmex the same way again .. oh now MY stomach hurts .. but in a good way :o)

Poor Callie! Poor Tate! Viv is the same way .. so bruise prone. Kelly was just saying tonight that he wants to take the door off the toy room because he's convinced KayLynn will slam Vivi's finger in it, and crush her finger off.

I think someone's being a bit dramatic, no? ;o) But really if it was going to happen to anyone, it'd be her. Thankgoodness God added a little rubber to babies, huh?

I hope your feeling better soon!

Laci said...

SARAH! Are you aloud to say 'penis' on a blog?? Just kidding, I think what he said was hilarious.