Thursday, November 20, 2008

Never Forget


Some days the mornings go so nicely. I've been getting up a little bit before all the kids are awake and reading my Bible and making coffee. It's a great way to start the day. This morning Callie was particularly cuddly(which is a rarity, unfortunately) and I never want to forget the way my little baby smells, they way it feels to have her soft head under mine.
The feeling of how tiny she really is. This time is starting to fly by and I just know that soon I'll wake up and have another toddler on my hands! Then the boys woke up and came to sit by me(which they usually do). I don't want to forget the way they come out of their room half asleep still, and how cheerfully they tell me good morning. They actually fight over who gets to sit by me on the couch. They are usually happy when I tell them to sit on either side of me. They cuddle up next to me under the blanket for awhile and drink their milk. I totally cherish these times. I often picture how our lives would be like if I had to rush off to work in the morning and rush them off to daycare. I would be missing out on this!
I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be home with them and to make these memories. I know that soon enough I'll be having to send Hunter off to school, and then there will be the teenage years(which I'm pretty sure will end the whole cuddling thing!)

3 comments:

Laci said...

This is a nice post, Sarah. I also like that Callie is pulling Tate's ear :)

Kristi said...

We still cuddle with our almost 13 and 14 year old. It doesn't have to end.

Britt said...

I loved this post .. some days it's hard to remember the snuggly, sweet times.

Have I mentioned how adorable your kids are? Like I have to tell you ;o)