It was a busy weekend. That is just how I like them anymore. It makes the time go by until the baby gets here. The count to my due date is at 36 days I think. That is not so far away! I have been having some contractions, but just at night and they don't last very long.
On Friday morning I had 3 of my girlfriends and their kids over(total of 9 kids I think, with two on the way) I had made some brownies, and two of the girls brought some treats, too, so we had a nice time eating:) It was a little chaotic, though, so I think I'll try to keep the number down next time. Its always nice being able to talk to more than just one mom at a time, but that might have to be a summer thing, since we can go outside then. I am getting so antsy for spring! I want to go outside with the kids! Soon enough, I guess.
Then on Saturday afternoon we had our friends the Loukota's over and they spent the night. We never get to stay out past 8, so we thought it would be fun to have a slumber party so that we adults could actualy play some games uninteruppted. It was pretty fun, the kids got along great.
And last night we went to our friends the Frank's house for the superbowl. It was a very pleasant and relaxing time! The food was great and it was fun to watch Tate and baby Miah together. They were both laughing at each other and it was so cute. It was a great time.
We put the kids down for a nap(Hunter naps on the Sabbath) in their room yesterday and went downstairs to watch the third Bourne movie(we've been having a marathon this week, very fun!) Anyway, an hour later we went upstairs and heard the kids awake. I'm fairly sure they didn't sleep AT ALL! Hunter's bedding was in Tate's crib and they were both up and laughing. I asked Hunter if they even slept, and he said yes, but I think he was pulling my leg. I told them an hour was too short, they needed to sleep more, and he said, "But mom! At least we were quiet!" So needless to say they fell asleep on the way home from the Frank's house. They also slept later this morning. Hunter was half asleep when I put on his pj's and laid him in bed, and he said, "Mom! Do not be overcome by evil!" and then said goodnight. I thought that was really random. A got a good laugh out of it. He listens to a Steve Green kids cd while playing that has scripture songs on it and one of them is do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. That song must have been in his sleepy head. I used to listen to those songs when I was a kid.
I had another gall attack last night. It was the worst a little after we got home from the superbowl. I got pretty sick. My attitude was surprisingly positive, though. I can feel that someone is praying, and I am grateful for that. Prayer helps! I went to the chiropracter this morning, and of corse my back was out in that area. He asked me when I'd be getting my gall bladder out. I will be doing that as soon as they let me! I've been spending my nights propped up on three pillows.
On Friday night I took Tate out to the local grocery stores with me, just the two of us. I could tell he just thought that was great. He never gets to do anything just the two of us, and he smiled the whole time. He handed the checkout lady the groceries and waved and said goodbye to all the ladies after we were done. I will have to do more of just the two of us times, b/c I think thats important, esp for the middle kid. When we got home Brent and Hunter had rearranged the living room furniture, so we have a different set-up now.
And for a little husband bragging. I was still recovering from my lack of nights sleep and gall attack and had to leave the house a mess to make it to my chiropracter appointment this morning. I told my friend that I thought it would be awesome if Brent had the house cleaned up when I got home, and as I walked in the door I was greeted with a clean, picked up house! He really speaks my love language! I was thrilled! Now I get to blog instead of clean! I sure do love that man!!!
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A Slumber Party? What an AWESOME idea! I am bummed you had an attack last night--I had a feeling that was going to happen--I was saying one of those prayers for you! Thanks for coming over. :) See you later this week.
Post a Comment