Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pregnancy

Well, I'm not sure what exactly is going on here, but I seem to really have morning sickness back. You could even call it all day sickness, since it is 2:00 and I still feel like crap. I don't know what is going on! A friend said she heard morning sickness can sometimes come back in the last trimester(of which I just entered) and so maybe that is it. I hope it is temporary. Smells are bothering me again, and I've lost ALL interest in sweets(which isn't' a bad thing, sweets I should cut back on anyway) The only thing that sounds good to me is Mountain Dew. This pregnancy has been so extremely different than my other two! It MUST be a girl. I did and ate and acted the same way with the boys. For breakfast I always ate malto meal. This time I have only had Malto meal once, and it did not stay down. I ate cheese and crackers as my morning snack and drank ginger aisle with them, and this time cheese nauseated me and I haven't had ginger aisle at all. I think that is partly b/c I never want to drink it again after having so much of it while nauseous before. I craved the same things each time with the boys, I had aversions to the same things with the boys. This pregnancy is sooooo different! I can tell I am way more emotional this time, too. I can remember the last two times thinking(although Brent disagrees with me) that I was fairly unemotional except for the obvious discomforts at the end. I would be the first to say this time that I am an emotional roller coaster(Brent's agreeing with me this time ;) ) I have said that I'm not sure its the pregnancy or just the fact that it was such an unexpected surprise. Today for example I feel very fat and moody and I feel almost embarrassed to be pregnant again b/c our other two are so young. I feel like people think, good grief they are irresponsible and can't keep away from each other! I realize that no one probably thinks this, but is how I feel. A man that I know casually asked me at the grocery store yesterday, "Excuse me, is that a baby bump I see?" I felt kind of embarrassed to say yes b/c I was JUST pregnant it seems like. I won't be embarrassed when the baby is born by having three kids, but I guess those are the hormones taking over. At least I can pretty well tell what is me talking and the hormones talking. It will be nice to have my old self back in a few months. It is going fast.

I was at a friends house yesterday and her 5 year old was really interested in the baby. He, Hunter and her daughter(who is Hunter's age) all had their hands on my belly and their ears on my belly trying to hear the baby through my stomach. They even had a flashlight trying to see in. The 5 yr old, Isaiah, asked how come the kids couldn't see when the belly opened and the baby came out. I told him as best I could how it actually happens. Then he said that he knew what the baby ate when it was born. He pointed to my chest and said they ate off of those. Then he asked how we got milk in them. It was pretty amusing. I wonder what kids think about all of that. Tate put his hand on my belly this morning with Hunter. I think he thinks its just a game, though. I really think he is going to be blown away surprised when we bring home a baby. I think it will be hardest on him. This time I at least know that I will have enough love for them all, when I was pregnant with Tate I was constantly worried I wouldn't love him as much as I loved Hunter, but I can say that it was unnecessary worry, b/c I love both Hunter and Tate an insane, even, amount.

I can't think of too many funny things that Hunter has said or done the last few days, except that he said he was going to marry gma Debbie today. We talked him out of it, though, and now he is going to marry Hannah. I'm pretty sure Tate will marry our friends daughter Ella, b/c he is in love with her. He gets so excited when she is around.

No comments: