Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Busy week

This has been kind of a busy week. We stayed Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights at Steve and Debbie's b/c Anna and Justin are back in town, so that explains my lack of blogging the past few days. I had my ob appointment on Monday, a Christmas party at a friends yesterday, and today is a stay at home and get put back together day.

Hunter had a Christmas program at church on Sunday night. He and his Sunday school class went onstage with the other classes and sang a couple songs. One had hand motions and the other one he got to shake a rattle throughout. He did really great! He did most of the hand actions until he started looking at one of the other girls in the group, and he rattled his shaker all the other song.

During my ob appointment Anna and Justin watched the boys and Anna took Hunter outside to play in the snow. I am glad that happened, b/c I know Hunter has wanted to go out and play in the snow, but Tate isn't quite at the age where that is fun for him, and I feel too fat to go out clomping around in the snow. Anna and Hunter made a tunnel in the snow, and I think they had a good time in it.

At my friends Christmas party yesterday the kids made a Christmas ornament out of lifesaver candies. We put them in the shape of candy canes and baked them for a couple mins. The kids, however, just wanted to eat them, so they didn't actually make it to the tree. All in all, it was a fun time.

My ob appointment went OK. I asked about my belly button and I do have a belly button hernia. I can still have normal labor though, thankfully. He didn't say much else about it. I told him I felt the baby have the hiccups the night before, and he said that babies actually don't get the hiccups, what they are doing when I feel that is they are practicing taking breaths. I thought that was interesting. I have been hit with another gall bladder attack. I am really looking forward to an end to these. I haven't been feeling good for the last few days, but last night I got the pain in the back, burping up stomach acid, abdominal pain and vomiting that I normally get when I have an attack. They are very distinct. The pain in the back and abdomen is so severe I can hardly take it. I slept(when I did sleep) with a hot water bottle on my back, but nothing really seems to take the pain away. Right now I have a dull ache in my stomach and back and feel weak. I was online checking out some pregnancy sites about gall bladder attacks, and the people who wrote on them are exactly like me. I have decided that I will not be eating out at any restaurants except Subway for the duration of the pregnancy. Fast food and restaurant food is the worst for me, and I have had that kind of food prior to almost every single one of my attacks.

With Anna's help I wrapped the boys presents yesterday. We are going to celebrate our "family" Christmas tomorrow night. We will be at S&D's from Friday night till Tuesday, and then we leave sometime next week for mom and dads, and we wanted to be able to do the kids Christmas at home, so tomorrow night it is! I have the presents under the tree right now, and am totally amazed that they haven't tried to open them yet! They have gone over to the tree a couple times to look at them, but that is all.

Some funny Hunter sayings:
-pointing at the fireplace he said,"That's where Noah's going to come down."(he thinks Santa is Noah)
-about baby(the cats pretty much out of the bag about the name we've chosen) Callie:
"When she comes out she's gonna say, 'WAAA!'" I asked what he would do, and he said, "I'll say, its OK baby!"
-also about the baby, "When baby Callie comes out she's going to watch Sesame Street with me!"
-to me: "Mom, your belly's getting really big."
-to Olivia at the Loukota's last night: "Olivia, you're cute. I love you!"
-at the Loukota's supper table last night while praying: "Bless this food. I forget the rest of the words."
-about the largest present: "I think its a truck! Or a Hunter! Actually, probably not."
-asking more about the baby: "What does Callie do in there?(to my stomach) Me: "She moves around, she sleeps. Hunter: "Does she sleep in a crib?"

No comments: