This morning we had MOPS. It went really smooth. I had laid the boys outfits out last night so there would be no arguing, and we got out the door at a decent time. It was my tables turn to bring treats, so I had a big bowl of blueberry muffins along with the diaper bag. I wasn't quite sure how to get everything inside the church w/out making two trips, but one of the older nursery workers was getting there as I got there. She came over to the van when she saw me trying to get everything together and asked if she could help me carry something. I gave her the blueberry muffin basket and she chatted with me on the way in. She said she remembered what it was like to not have enough hands. I told her I wasn't sure how I'd get around when we had our next in March, and she said, "Oh yes, but God doesn't give us more than we can handle!"(which my mom says to me frequently :) ) She then said that her third was a surprise(so I can relate to her), but that it worked out just fine. Once inside she went ahead and took my muffins upstairs for me. I have been thinking about that nice gesture all day, and have been kind of motivated to be more aware of others around me that I can help and share an act of kindness with. So MOPS got off to a good start for me and I really enjoyed the speaker. She talked about the birth of Jesus in a character by character way and a lot of what she talked about was shed in a new light for me. I've never been pregnant during Christmas before(well not THIS pregnant) and I find myself totally relating to how Mary must have felt(although not fully, I'm pretty sure I'm not carrying Jesus :) )
It was a nice reminder of what Christmas is about and what we are celebrating. I got lots of goodies at MOPS, too. My table leader gave us all these very cute picture frames, and I won a drawing and got the nativity movie. Hunter enjoyed his class, he was very eager to show his craft to me. They made ornaments with their pictures in them, so he hung his up on the tree first thing when we got home. He got a little jingle bell, too, and Tate had a kazoo, so it was a noisy ride home. Tate's teacher said that she really enjoys him and that he is so strong and definitely all boy. He was going around the room grunting when we got there. I tried to explain Christmas to Hunter on the way to MOPS, about how Christmas is kind of Jesus' birthday and how he was born and there were a lot of animals around, and his reaction was "WHOA!"
Tate woke up very early from his nap yesterday, and was up during the night. I can't think of the last time he was up in the night. It has been forever. Some nights he'll wake up crying but will go back to sleep without me going down there. Last night I could tell he was upset, though, so I went and held him for awhile. I noticed his top gum looks blue, like a blood blister or something, and I can feel his tooth right behind it, so I think that is giving him pain. I wish those teeth would pop already!
Hunter was being a little disrespectful before nap today, so as I was rocking him to sleep I told him that God gave him mommy and daddy to raise him up to be a good boy and that he needed to obey and listen to us. His response: "I don't like that story."
Remember: do a kind act.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've tried that God gave you to us line with my kids too...it didn't really work for me either. I love Hunter's response!
Post a Comment