Thursday, December 13, 2007

the first concussion??

Well, Tate really fell hard today. I would say it has been his worst fall yet. We were at MAC and he was standing in the carpet ball game, which is probably 3 feet off the ground. He backed up and wham, fell backwards and hit his head first on the ground. It was a nasty fall, and I had to watch it happen in what seemed like slow motion b/c I couldn't get there fast enough. I hate that. He cried pretty hard for a long time, longer and harder than the usual cries. Then he sat on my lap for a good half hour looking brain dead. Luckily, one of Brent's old classmates was there who is training to be a doctor, so I had him take a look at Tate, b/c I was ready to bring him in to the doctor. He checked him over and said to just keep an eye on him. I didn't put him to bed until 2:30, and I think he is ok, but it was a nasty fall. Then I noticed that his bottom molar is coming through and he feels a little warm, so that poor boy is having quite the day. I say Hallelujah about the teeth, though, its been a long time getting them in!

After MAC we went to a friends for lunch. One of my good friends is visiting from Michigan, so it was good to catch up with her and find out that she is expecting! YAY! I am really happy for her! Hunter got to play with one of his best buds, Ryan. They compared their Lightening McQueen underwear and Ryan said Hunter was his greatest friend. They took turns dressing up as cowboys and spider man, and he and Hunter sang Hunter's poop song. I thought we'd heard the last of that song, but I guess not:)

Yesterday at lunch Hunter decided that he wanted to feed Tate his yogurt, so exhausted as I was I let him, and it was a big mess. Tate had some yogurt in his hair as hair gel, and his whole high chair was full of yogurt. Hunter was in a "helpful" mood yesterday, though, and I didn't want to discourage him from helping, as I plan on needing his help in a few months. I took some pics of the mess:




We had to make some treats for the youth girls party last night, so Hunter helped me make them. I get a little tense when he cooks with me, b/c he usually misses the bowl at least once, but he is getting very good at it and really enjoys it. He now taps all the measuring spoons and cups on the side of the bowl, so we have a budding chef I think. He has to hold on to the the mixer with me and always wants to lick the beaters. While we were waiting for the bars to cook I vacuumed the house and he took the hose extension and used it as a weight bar. He had it over his head and grunted, "I'm strong like daddy!" Then he stood on his chair and said he was a teenager.

Our youth girls party went really really well last night. It started at 6:30 and I didn't get home from it until almost 10! I think the girls really enjoyed it. We decorated it all fancy and had pizza and salad. Then we did a toast to girls and gave them presents and had them write themselves letters that we will be sending them in two months. Then we had a commitment prayer and played some games. I think all the girls enjoyed it and were flattered that we did so much for it. I have really enjoyed doing youth group this year and have really enjoyed getting to know some of the girls better. I was originally going to quit after the end of this curriculum, but I decided I'd do it until the baby is born.

Speaking of the baby, I am now in my third trimester and am due three months from yesterday! I know that these next three months will be the longest. My baby website tells me that this week the baby will be turning head down for the final destination, and that if the baby were born now, with some intensive care would most likely make it, which is sort of a relief to know. I go for my next ob appointment on Monday and am going to ask about my belly button.

No comments: