Well, today my sister-in-law and brother-in-law found out that they are having a girl. I am excited that we can be pregnant at the same time, and now even more excited that its a girl. Which has me thinking this morning...I SURE HOPE MINE IS REALLY A GIRL! Most days I am certain its a girl, I go over all the evidence in my head and convince myself it is, then other times I think, but wait, maybe its a boy and they just missed it! I guess I had come to terms(before I found out I was pregnant) with the fact that I would have no girl. I thought about it more than I realized. I had sort of made my peace with the fact that I'd never get to put pigtails in my daughter's hair, never get to paint her fingers and toes. I'd never get to see the father-daughter bond between her and Brent, never see her walk down the isle on her wedding day. I'd never get to share in the awesomeness of being a mom with her, never get to have that mother/daughter adult relationship, but now that it is a possibility, I would go crazy if it didn't happen! So I sure hope it really is a girl for us! I would, however, not be totally unhappy if it turned out to be a boy, I love my two boys so much, and it is very familiar and we would have tons of fun, but I guess a little part of me would have that "wonder what it would have been like.." thought. Plus, I have some CUTE clothes! I did decide that I think Joe and Nikki HAVE to move up here, though, so our girls can be close friends, since I'm(although I've said this before) done after this one!
My silly boys have been busy today! We all have colds, unfortunately, though. I've gone through about a half a box of tissues, and I gave Hunter a little decongestant before nap. I was reading the bottle and it has the normal "2 and under" ask a doctor and I realized that he is 3 and I can give him some. I guess I forget he is 3 most times. It sure goes by fast! The boys tore into their closets today and drug out every toy they own. The played with it all, but it took quite a while to pick up before nap. I always hurry when I'm downstairs changing laundry, b/c that is when a lot of mischief happens. I finally got a great idea today to tell Hunter to hide while I am downstairs and I'll find him when I come up, so that way he doesn't get into anything. I think that I am brilliant:) Hunter told me he had to go poopy, so I sat him on the toilet, but then he said he needed privacy, so I left him alone and kept checking on him. I went in there after a few minutes and he had the toothpaste(again!) and had unrolled completely a half a roll of tp. Yesterday morning Brent went downstairs when the boys had woken up to find that Hunter had squirted toothpaste all over the bathroom sink and floor, and then had gotten into the gum that is in our top cupboard in the kitchen. He had been trying to hide it I think, b/c when Brent went to put toast in the toaster he found about 5 gum wrappers. Ornery stinker! I'm hiding the toothpast from now on!
Well, I better go, we are having a Christmas party on Sunday and I am making appetizers for it, so I am going to browse my cooking sites for some delicious recipes. Here is a slide show I made from a site I got from my friend, Erin.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think those boys are too cute to get in all that trouble!
I like all of the things you listed about having a girl and that they were all pleasant fantasies. She will be so adorable and with two brothers to pick on her and protect her, she will be so well-rounded.
(like me)
We're excited for our kids to grow up together, too! we are, like you, still hesitant to be full blown girl at this point as you never are too sure. We will love no matter what we have, as will you! Love the slide show and all the blog updates! can't wait to see the fam over Christmas!
love,
joe-n-nikk
Sarah, I'm all teary eyed after reading what you wrote about having/not having a daughter. I sure hope it's a girl, too! Or you may decide you need to adopt. Boys are easier in many ways--at least you know that you aren't responsible for modeling their gender to them! Girls are tricky. She'll look to you as the model of what it means to be female and that's really scary, too. It's wonderful to have the experience of parenting both boys and girls. Let's hope the fertility "myths",as Brent believes, are on your side!
Post a Comment