Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Whew!

I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to blog about....but so little time. I've kind of been going a mile a minute here lately. I'm looking forward to slowing the pace down a bit.

I'll start with our weekend. We went to the cities Saturday morning early with our friends to go to Como Zoo and to the Children's Museum. My parents drove up and met us at the zoo and picked Laci up. We had a good time despite the crowds of people.
We camped in my bro and sis-in-laws backyard and swam in their pool. Sunday morning we got up and went to the museum's free day. It is a really cool place! I'd never seen anything like it before. They had different rooms set up with things for the kids to play with. They had a nature-y one that we went in first, and the kids played in a giant ant tunnel and dressed up like birds.



The next place we went in the museum was what they called "Our world". It had several places to play, a bus stop, post office, doctor's office, grocery store, that kind of thing. The boys liked getting groceries and playing at the restaurant most, although they did a music video at one station. Very cool stuff, I just wish I would have been able to see the boys enjoy it more, Callie was very fussy so trying to soothe her is what I did mostly. Turns out she popped her two front teeth that day, so that could explain her fussiness(and the reason she cried the WHOLE THREE HOURS home! Yuck!)


We met up with all of Brent's side of the family after the museum and had a pool party. I really enjoyed that b/c it was a bit more relaxing.

Yesterday we went to the beach again. I had to watch Brent's cousins two girls(ages 5 and 12) so I thought it'd be easier than trying to find stuff to do around here. It was the PERFECT beach day and it was nice. I brought the boys little tent for Callie to play in and I had gone out to the water to yell for the girls to come closer and when I came back Callie had managed to pull/crawl herself out of the tent and had sand all over her face. I brought her suit, so I put it on and we sat in the water for a long time splashing. She enjoyed it I think. I put her in the floaty, too and she got pretty excited. We came back from the beach just in time for me to get ready to go out with a couple old coworkers. They took me out to eat and to the movies for my bday, which was really nice of them. I had a good time hanging out with them. It was my first time leaving ALL the kids with Brent and I spent a good week pumping for this but Brent only needed a little bit of milk b/c Callie fell asleep at 6:30 and was still sleeping when I got home at 10! She never does that for me!! I woke her up and fed her expecting her to be awake for awhile, but she went right back to sleep and slept the whole night!!! Its been weeks since she's slept through the night and it felt great! I'm kind of glad he didn't need all of the milk b/c I FINALLY made a doctor's appointment for my gall pain and my belly button hernia. I'm going in on Monday and I'm expecting to have a HIDA scan that won't allow me to nurse for awhile, so I will use it for that. I will feel so relieved to have this done.

This morning I had a two year appointment for Tate and a six month for Callie. She got her first immunizations and she did NOT enjoy it. Even though its my third child and I should be used to them I still welled up with tears. She's back to her smiley, loud self already, though. She weighed in at a whopping 14# 10 oz and was 26 1/2 inches long. The doctor said she's shot up in height. He wasn't concerned with her weight, he just said she'll be long and skinny(just like her brothers). We stopped at the grocery store after the appointment and it was a disaster. I ended up having to spend 43 cents on a plum with a bite out of it.

Tonight we're taking Tate out for some ice cream at the DQ and playground and then to the store to let him pick out his bday present. We're leaving the other two with gpa and gma for that. And tomorrow I'm headed out shopping with my bday money with a friend. We both have gift cards to the Olive Garden also. We're leaving our kids(minus Callie) home, so I'm hoping Callie will let me have fun(and also my stomach).

1 comment:

Britt said...

lol I'm so glad I'm not the only one with kids that decide to eat the food before it's been paid for. KayLynn has taken bites out of banana's, peel and all .. and last week Kelly threw away a perfectly good package of hotdogs because he thought mice had eaten the corner open. Guess he didn't get the memo that 2 year olds can gnaw through anything, hm? :o)