Saturday, August 23, 2008

Callie is SIX months!


This post is a few days late, but we've been extra busy.

I can't believe that Callie is now six months! Time is really starting to fly by. I'm getting to the more interactive enjoyable stages(minus a few days of this week where I was not so enjoying all the crying and fussing...silly teeth) She's getting more and more of a personality, which is fun to see. Here she is at 6 months:

-she is on the move now. I wouldn't call it crawling per se, but she can get around. She gets up on all fours, then moves her legs and lunges herself forward and then lays on her stomach and gets back up and does it all over again. She gets around. The other night we had her downstairs with us after the boys were in bed and she went from one end of the room to the other by herself. I now make sure the basement door is always closed.

-she has FOUR teeth! I'm still in shock over how she got four within two weeks. Amazing. Here are the top ones:


-she has officially started baby food. I'm planning on making up a bunch next week, I have some frozen peas and green beans. She's been on rice cereal for about a month now and this morning after seeing that she still was hungry I mashed up a banana into her cereal and gave that to her. She made a very surprised face but ate allot of it. I think she'll be a good eater. I'll give her bananas for this week and by next Friday introduce peas to her.

-she is sitting up by herself... for about 10-15 seconds at a time. I think she could go longer, but she is so squirmy that she can't sit still for too long.

-she loves her feet. She's very flexible and loves to put her feet in her mouth. She's bit herself a couple times and didn't enjoy that at all.

-she's slept through most nights this week, which I am happy about. I don't like to be up in the middle of the night.

-she's starting to get into Hunter and Tate's stuff. They aren't so happy with her now that she can move. I'm going to have to get some dolls or something pretty quick.

I'm sure all my monthly updates in the next few months will have her doing more and more new things. She's really starting to take off!

A picture with Daddy this morning:

No comments: