Friday, August 29, 2008

This hour has been a doozy.

The last hour at the Norman residence has been quiet exhausting. I'm now ready for bed. Here's what the last hour has looked like for me:

-came home from a day at camp with my friend, the kids had no naps and lots of fresh air.

-was wrestling around with the boys while waiting for Brent to come home(briefly b/c he had to leave again for another job) and Hunter playfully said he was going to punch me in the face. I said, "Oh no you're not!" just as he cocked back and punched me RATHER HARD in the face. I now have a swollen bleeding sore bottom lip. My three year old gave me a fat lip. He was very sorry and will not be doing that again. Brent walked in within 30 seconds of this happening and took care of Hunter while I tried to stop it from bleeding and put an ice pack on it. I can't talk very well right now.


-then Hunter starts having diarrhea(again, he also had it yesterday at the park. It wasn't pretty then either and I have some mental images that will never be forgotten;) He makes it to the toilet all the times, but manages to get it on his legs, the rug, me.

-Then Tate has his third(and I must say nastiest) poop of the day. Something must be going on here, b/c these boys do not do this normally.

-While making waffles(yes, I don't cook exciting things when Brent is going to be gone for supper) Tate gets into the egg shells.

-cut up waffles for the boys, get a new batch going and talk to my mom on the phone, all the while nursing Callie.

-Give boys bananas after the waffles and Tate immediately smashes his ALL over.

-Give up and decide that its movie time. Can't find the movie they want to watch ANYWHERE! I seriously looked everywhere. Finally decide on one and put it in, only to have to go downstairs while typing this to see why Tate is crying. Turns out Hunter punched him b/c he got ahold of the remote and shut the movie off. So...Hunter is now in his room for the rest of the movie after being punished again.

I was going to give them hair cuts tonight. Methinks that would put me over the edge, I think we'll be waiting till tomorrow.

I am so ready for bed.

2 comments:

Nette said...

Oh, Buddy~ You are a trooper.
And you manage your house with humor and beauty.

Poopy!

Nikki said...

What a day...or should I say hour! Your lip looks worse than I thought it would, ouch.