Friday, June 20, 2008

New hair and picnics

I'm not going to post any pictures of my new hair until Brent sees it, but we decided to cut the boys hair shorter for the summer yesterday after they were sweating outside a lot. It'll be cooler for them I think. (Plus Laci said she'd do it, and I will do almost anything to get out of cutting it!) Here are their before pictures:



During: (Tate cried some, but we got a few cheesy smiles out of him. A rarity for haircuts with him):



And after:


I think Hunter looks more Lester-like now, and Tate just looks more ornery(if that is possible). I think Hunter looks a lot older now, too.

We went to see my Grandma Helen in the nursing home about 45 mins away yesterday. We found a school with a nice park and picnic tables in the shade and had a great time. We packed some sandwiches, fruit, and dessert and Grandma got to meet Callie:



A few other random pictures:
Hunter fell asleep watching a cartoon the other night around supper:


Tate likes Casey's doughnuts too!:


We are taking off for home tomorrow morning. I've had one of the most enjoyable visits ever this time. The kids have been a little bit of a handful here, which has been tiring, but overall its been a really good visit and I'm very glad we could come.

2 comments:

Nette said...

Sarah~ The boys look so handsome and cool in their new cuts. The picture with Hunter's *before* looks like he is the Headless Toddler. Oh, a floating head!

Your hands look pretty in the one where you are holding the boy's face and Laci's shirt is adorable.

The park looks beautiful and I like the generational photo of your mom and grandma.

~Nette
ps. there is a treat for you on DLL

Britt said...

It was good to see you all! I enjoyed meeting your kids :o) Hopefully you don't meet any more deer on the way home!