Friday, May 16, 2008

Two Sickies

We have two sick boys right now. Tate seems worse, but they both have fevers. I'm not quite sure what is wrong, they don't really have runny noses or anything. I'm kind of thinking it is in the throat b/c Tate didn't eat breakfast OR lunch. He has had plenty to drink and some raisins as a snack, but won't eat meals. I hate that it is Friday and if they get worse will have to wait till Monday to go to the doctor, but I don't know what I would tell the doctor besides that they have fevers. Under the arm Tate's was 101.4 and Hunter's was 101.3. They are both sleeping now. Hunter woke up crying at 6:30 and has been crying on and off all day. I'm finding it hard to handle all of them. Tate and Hunter both want to be held, and Callie is sticking to the "three month growth spurt" everyone talks about. She wants to nurse a little more frequently, sometimes twice an hour. So, I am wishing there were more of me right now. I went to the library and got them the Little Einstein DVD they both really enjoy, so they have been watching more TV than usual in hopes they will rest. Its too bad, though, b/c it is BEAUTIFUL out!

The new store opened in town yesterday. It is big news up here, and so the kids and I had to go check it out. I was very impressed with the variety of stuff they have. Hunter saw a squishy toy shark that he begged for. I said no. He kept talking about it all morning and I told him maybe he could save his money up for one and he picked up all his toys and came to me shaking his piggy bank. I was telling this to Brent and he told me I should go get it for him, so while he was still asleep(oh yes, naps are back...for now) I went and got it. When he woke up his first words were, "Can we go get that shark now???" He was delighted when I gave it to him. He really likes sharks and underwater creatures.

Yesterday he was asking if my owie(C-section scar) still hurt and I said a little. He wanted to see it and I asked him what it was from just to see what he'd say. He told me, "Well, the doctor man cut you open and Callie just popped out! And then you got married!" I had to laugh.

Callie was particularly smiley this morning so I took a bunch of pictures. They're basically all the same, but here are a couple:

2 comments:

Britt said...

Isn't she pretty! I love the new banner picture. Too cute .. no one would guess they were yours, they look nothing like you ;o)

Nikki said...

Super cute pictues of Callie!