We got bunk beds! My Saturday morning routine is to as soon as I get the shopper, peruse the for sale section and look for bunk beds. We have been planning on buying them for the boys this summer sometime. I've found a few listings since I've been looking, but nothing too great of a deal. This morning, though, I saw one for sale for $50! We called right away on it, borrowed Brent's dad's truck and went to check them out. We ended up buying them and it is such a blessing!! They are exactly what we wanted(and for much cheaper than we anticipated getting them for!) They are made of solid oak, have the full size bottom bunk(didn't really initially want that but after Brent got the full mattress for free..)and have three HUGE drawers for storage underneath. We always need more storage. I feel really blessed to have gotten them, it was a great deal! Brent and I were nervous to see how Hunter would tolerate having to go up and more importantly DOWN a ladder, but he wasn't scared at all. He thought it was the coolest thing ever and he feels like a big kid now. I was also worried about Tate getting out of bed a million times, but he didn't. I stuck my ear to their door and heard Hunter talking to Tate. He said, "Look Tate, there is a tree house!" They can see their tree house mural now that Tate's crib is down.
Tate seems to be feeling just a LITTLE bit better than yesterday. He woke up after his nap with a temp of 103.5, so I called the clinic right away, but they were full and I talked to a nurse. She said the main thing was to keep him hydrated. He wouldn't take but a tiny bit of milk, so I was concerned. He only ate a few raisins and a few pretzels for the whole day, and last night he slept on me on and off. He seemed a little more himself this morning, but still lazier than he usually is and he had a temp of 101.3. I absolutely hate it when kids get sick on the weekends and you can't easily get into the clinic. Hunter seems perkier than Tate, he has just been coughing and sniffling. He sneezed yesterday and I heard him say, "Bless myself." I thought that was cute. I kept trying to hydrate Tate, and gave Hunter lots to drink also, and I think Hunter was tired of having to pee, b/c as he was playing with his toys I heard him say, "Awww, not again!!" and then head off to the bathroom. I'm still chuckling about that.
3 comments:
Awesome!
These bunk beds are great. Nick's like: So they are cool for Hunter - assuming he big brother gets the bottom.
What a great deal! We had a bed like that when I was younger. We'd hang backwards off it and fall onto the bigger bed. Hopefully your boys don't think of that for a few more years :o)
I know exactly how Hunter feels about peeing. I said that a few times myself when pregnant ;o) Too funny!
Great find on the bunk beds. Since Micah is climbing out of his crib we might not wait until the end of summer to ours. Let me know if you see any more steals.
Post a Comment