Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Blessings
We had our last MOPS meeting this morning. Tate is going through a phase where he doesn't like to go in the nursery, so I had issues with him. He started crying as soon as he saw the church, and I had to pry him out of his car seat. I was nervous, and kept looking at my pager, but when I went to pick him up he was doing fine. I'm not sure what brought the whole nursery hating thing on. I am going to be a table leader for MOPS next year. The speaker they had today really touched me. It was a woman who had lost her first daughter at around 6 months to heart failure. She said they found out about her heart at three months, and as I sat there holding little Callie I was struck with how lucky I am to have normal, healthy children. Its a great blessing to have been able to even have had children, let alone three healthy ones! I just really need to be more thankful of that in my day to day life. I get so weighed down with the demands of having three small children that I forget what a BLESSING it is to even have them!! I remember talking with a girl at church in the nursery one Sunday while I was still pregnant with Callie and she was telling me about her miscarriage at twenty some weeks and how she had a huge ordeal with it all and I saw her at church on Sunday for the first time since I had Callie, and I asked her what had happened b/c I forgot the name of it and she said it was a placental abruption(just like what I had) She said it was awful and she had to have surgery to get the placenta out and she had a stillbirth and lots of pain and a blood transfusion. That also made me extremely thankful that my situation turned out fine and that Callie was born healthy. It could have been so much worse. So today, take time to thank God for the blessings that you have, there is always something to be thankful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thanks for the reminder!!!!!
Post a Comment