Today was our first day at church with Callie. She slept all through the service and all through Sunday school. Everyone commented on her long fingers, saying she'll be a piano player. And everyone thought she was so cute, too.(which I have to agree with!) Brent's gma Pat came over to his parents for lunch today and saw Callie for the first time. She brought some cute onsies for her. While we were at S & D's Tate came from the other room with poop on his hand. He had evidently stuck his hand in his pants after pooping, so Brent had fun cleaning that up. This morning he brought me a pair of Hunter's underwear and wanted me to put them on him, and tonight he wanted to go potty while Brent was going. I'm thinking he'll be potty trained faster than Hunter was. We might start casually working with him. I know its early, but he tells me when he goes by pointing to his diaper, and I'd really love to not have to buy diapers anymore. Brent sat him on the toilet tonight before bath, but he didn't go.
Brent and I were talking today about going to the Dells this summer. We are getting that extra tax refund, which we should probably put towards savings or bills, but we could REALLY use a vacation. The last "vacation" we had was in March of 2006 to Branson to see our friends. Brent searched a little on the Dells tonight, and I am excited. We'll probably just go for a long weekend in August. It'll give us something to look forward to, and I really want to go on yearly vacations like we did when I was young. I have a lot of great memories from our family vacations.
A couple funny Hunter sayings:
-tonight he had his bedroom door closed and Brent went in and Hunter stopped him and said that his room was his club house and to please leave.
-as I was putting Eucirin cream on him tonight after bath he said, "I'm all creamy!!"
Here are some pics of Callie girl:
5 comments:
Cute rag quilt! I'm glad to see Nikki finished it!
Cute rag quilt! I'm glad to see Nikki finished it!
Callie really is a beautiful little girl. I read your story of her birth and have decided that you are a very brave woman. One thing that I think helped Katelin sleep better was using a headrest thing that is made for a baby to use in their car seat. It might help her feel more secure when you lay her down. I feel for you.
Cute Baby....Looks nothing like Brent!
Cute baby....looks nothing like Brent. Just Kidding...you know I think you're hot, buddy!
Post a Comment