Thursday, March 6, 2008

Is it bad that...

-I keep forgetting to brush my teeth in the morning? I eventually brush them, but everyone needs something first off and I just forget!

-I've cried more this week than the kids have?

-I'd rather poke my eye out than nurse? It is hurting me so badly! I guess its normal, but I just dread when she latches on! I had to bite the covers last night just to keep from shouting out in pain.

-that I have spring fever so bad I constantly begin thoughts in my head with... well, when its nice out... and that I've been fantisizing about moving away to someplace warmer.

-that there are bits of bagel all over my house from Tate eating his breakfast on the run this morning.

-that Hunter stayed in his pj's ALL DAY yesterday. (Brent changed them before bed to other pj's)

- THAT I HAVE SPRING FEVER!!!!!

-that I'd rather sleep than do my devotions?

I guess you could say I'm not handling the transition to three kids very well. I'm such a routine oriented person and like to be "in control" of things, and I'm finding the level of choas and messiness in my life right now a tad overwhelming. I know its just a phase, but I'm ready for the "Sarah can handle this" phase to set in. I'm not used to having a messy house and not being sure which kid to tend to first. That being said, there have been some times this week when I've been really content with my life and happy:

-that its been so sunny, cold, but sunny. Sunshine does help.

-settling in for a nap awhile ago nose to nose with Callie just watching her watching me

-laughing at things with Brent, I feel like we haven't had any time together lately, but we've been able to have some good laughs

-Hunter rubbing my back the other day while I was having a moment and telling me, "Its ok mommy."

-being greeted downstairs first thing in the morning with breakfast and coffee ready for me from Brent, this after HE got up with the boys and let me sleep an extra half hour

-planning a little day getaway (with the kids) with my friend.

...See, I have it pretty good. (Sure would like spring, though.)

2 comments:

Allen and Cherry Messimer said...

Brushing teeth and changing out of PJs . . . you are only supposed to do that if someone is coming over, right?

Kristi said...

Real life . . . sigh. Hang in there, girl. This too shall pass.