Today Brent took the day off to install a new window for us. He ended up getting four new windows, two for the kids room, and two for the guest room. He installed both in the guest room, but the kids slept too long for him to get to their room. It is so weird, whenever we actually have something to do or somewhere to be, the kids take the longest naps, but when I'd LIKE them to take long naps, they are very short. Oh well, I was able to get some stuff done, too. The weather was nice again, so we played outside alot this morning, that is until Hunter said, "Mom, its getting to be chili out here, let's go inside." Today he was asking LOTS of questions about the baby. I had some samples from the hospital sitting on the table I was sorting through(wipes, nursing pads) and that sparked on an intersting conversation. He told me that whenever his sister(he REALLY belives its a girl) came out that he was really going to love her. And he thought that the wipes were cute and was really curious about the nursing pads. I tried to explain nursing to him in the most basic way I could. He always responds to that stuff by saying, "Yeah, when I was a baby, I did that!" He then asked who put the baby in my tummy, and I stumbled around that one for a second :) He is just SO interested in the baby stuff. Our hopsital offers a class for siblings where I think they make a little gift for the new baby and learn some stuff, and I really want to sign Hunter up for it when it gets closer.
Tate has been eating alot lately. At lunch today he finished his sandwich in record time, and then kept eating for a good 45 minutes whatever I would put in front of him. Hunter has been eating more lately, too, and I've noticed both of their jeans fit not as good as they used to, so they must be growing.
I think thats about all that went on today. Some funny Hunter sayings: He was really watching Brent put the windows in, and at one time he asked him if he was putting them in "incorrectly" or not. I thought that was a big word for him. Also, this morning he was really concerned because he left his wallet outside and when I went out to get it for him, I came back in and he said, "Hey thanks, buddy." I thought that was funny. More to come...
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sarah!
I love the blog...I am happy to have the chance to read about your family and laugh at Hunter's funny sayings!
I think a good site for affirmations is http://www.cherylrainfield.com/ go to the heading Affirmation Cards and choose Watch The Cards from the dropdown menu. I think you will find some affirmations that are great for your youth group!
I remain,
* drinking organic tea
* wishing I had soy milk for the tea
* happy it's sunny
~ Jen
Post a Comment