Well, I've decided to start a blog....for my kids to read later in life. It will be sort of a journal for them, something I've been wanting to do for quite some time on paper, but have failed at, so I am going to attempt to do it on here. Also, it will be a way of keeping our family up to date on the kids development. So here goes...
Yesterday we had our ultrasound for baby #3, and we were told that it looks like a girl. I was excited by this, but it is hard to really know for sure because they didn't get a really good look at it. We decided on a first name for a girl yesterday, though, which is huge since we have ALWAYS had a hard time finding a girls name we like. We both really like this one, though, and will try to keep it a secret until birth. I have felt so much better this pregnancy than I did with Hunter and Tate, which I am VERY thankful for. With the other two I craved fruit, and with this pregnancy I've craved vegetables, like squash and sweet potatos. I have started to feel the baby moving, which occurs most frequently at night and in the morning while I'm still in bed. Brent has felt it move, too, which is fun for us.
Hunter has been being so funny lately. He is really getting to an age that is so fun. He is very interested in the baby, and talks to my stomach and tries to feel the baby moving. He says he has a baby in his tummy, too, and asks if I want to talk to it. Tonight he was stuffing his little bear up his sweatshirt and saying that it was his baby, and then he took it out and carried it around gently. It is very cute. He has said from the begining that its a girl. He says he already has a brother, so it is a girl. And he wants to name it Breakfast. We were visiting a friend recently we just had a baby, and when we left, he looked at me and said, "He was sorta cute, huh." He's at a curious age. Some funny sayings of his I can remember him saying recently: to Brent and I on Sunday... "Hey, I've got a great idea, let's go to grandma's house" us: "not today" him: "oh come on, it'll be fun." The other day he was up from his nap and I didn't notice it right away because he was quiet, and so I said, "oh hey, how long have you been up?" and he thought for a moment and said, "Thirty years." He loves to say poop, and adds it to a lot of sentences. I guess that must be a boy thing. He told me tonight he likes monkeys because they poop.
Tate is walking all over now, and is really smiley and good tempered. He is easygoing, and he and Hunter have really started to like each other. They play(mostly) pretty good together and I can tell they miss each other when they are apart. Tate is taking after Hunter in the book reading department. He brings me books all day and wants me to read them to him. His favorites are animal books, and he loves cows. He says "moo" now and also tries to bark when he sees a dog on a page. Today while outside playing our neighbor's dog got loose, and came over to Tate, and Tate was so excited. He started "roofing" at the dog, and got so excited he tipped over. I think he is going to be an animal lover. Our MOPS group is in Crosslake, and the road I take there has a lot of horses and cows along the way, so they really enjoy that. I am getting the kids pictures taken next week, and am praying that Tate doesn't fall down too many times so that there are no bruises in the pictures.
Tomorrow we are off to Brainerd to buy two new windows. Hunter broke one last night with his foot, we thank God that he didn't get hurt. I think he wants to be a ninja like his daddy. I broke a window a month or two ago trying to put it down. We need our windows replaced, but it is expensive, so we are going to replace the two for now. The one I broke is by far the draftiest, so I wasn't too upset by it. The joys of maintaining a house :) Well, I guess that is all for now, I hope to keep this up!!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a great idea!! I just love reading about my grandchildren and seeing pictures of them. But better yet, I just love when they come to "Gramma's House". You are welcome anytime!! (we do have fun, don't we Hunter!!) Hugs!!
Love, Gma Debbie
Wow, what handsome young men you have there. I sure wish I had some grandkids that cute...wait, I do! I'm prepared to read lots of stories in a just a few days. I may even sing Hammer Time to Hunter and really annoy him. I'll be armed with my latest JoAnns coupon as I go shopping for some girly fabric. Love you, Mom
It is a joy watching your family grow in every way! We love to hear how the boys are doing and are so relieved you're feeling better with baby #3! It's fun being pregnant with you, but wish we could see each other more to share in our experiences! Looking forward to seeing the fam real soon--well, this weekend! love, joe and nikki
Well, honey, of course Hunter will talk about bodily functions in public. It's in his genes...Steve and Debbie and your dad and I are sorry, kind of...
Post a Comment