Well, I've decided that there IS such a thing as Murphy's law, and I don't like it. A few examples; I was talking with my friend Ali and said my kids were fairly healthy and didn't get sick a whole lot, and the next day Tate threw up and both the kids now have colds(so I had to cancel their pictures for now). Then, I was talking to someone about how since Tate and Hunter share a room Tate never gets up in the night(he really never has since we moved them in together) and for two nights in a row after that conversation he woke up crying in the middle of the night. I think that is due to him getting his 12 month molars in, but still!! So, I've decided not to talk about things if I don't want them to happen :) A positive one is that I said that this is the first time I've been pregnant without a friend, and my friend just found out that she is pregnant, so wohoo! (Except that I was borrowing her maternity clothes)
It has been really really nice out the last couple of days. Yesterday we went on a walk(to the pharmacy for children's cold medicine) and stopped my the river for awhile. Then we had a picnic lunch on the porch and played some more before nap time. Tate is such a copycat right now, Hunter was putting sticks in the fire pit, and Tate had to do the same thing, it was really cute. Then Hunter and I were stepping on pine cones and Tate started doing it, too. After nap we went back outside and Tate ate some sawdust Brent had made while putting in the windows. And today he ate some chalk, sand at the park, a little bit of a Mr clean magic eraser and a very small portion of a mushroom outside that I was a little nervous about. I'm anxious for this "put everything in your mouth" phase to be done. While we were outside yesterday an airplane kept flying over the house really close, and the boys really liked that. Hunter thought it was Anna's airplane at first, then he thought it belonged to Gramma Mary. Tate just waved and said Hi over and over.
Today we went to the Breezy Point park with some friends, and the boys really enjoyed that. Hunter went down the biggest slide, which he doesn't normally like to do, but he was brave today. Tate got stuck on some climbing bars and tried to jump off a four foot ledge by the slide. I can't take my eyes off that kid for a second! :) We packed a picnic lunch and ate it at the park. Tate said Bye tonight for the first time super clear, so that is exciting. And now for some funny Hunter sayings:
On Sunday night I made waffles(our tradition) and after he was finished eating he said to me, "Wow mom, those were great waffles, thank you so much for making them for me." I thought that was sweet. Then, Tracy called this morning and told me something funny he said while she was watching him and our friends kids for the wedding, she said that while they were eating at the table our friends kid tooted and said aloud, "Hey, I tooted", and Tracy said that he shouldn't talk about tooting at the table, and Hunter piped up and said, "Hey, he's my friend and he can fart wherever he wants!" We thought that was pretty funny, and of course it revolved around some bodily function. Tonight he went with me to the store really quick to get some pop and he insisted on carrying the big 2 liter bottle himself, because as he told me, "I'm a big boy and can do stuff like this." It was pretty funny to watch, he grunted all the way to the van. That's all for now!
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sarah~
I've been reading your blog! It is easier than e-mail and phone calls. You sure pack a punch with your posts. Your boys are adorable and little baby is the cutest. Her little, squishy body is the best!
Ciao!
Nette
Post a Comment